Senior Equipment Manager
As one of Ontario’s largest established integrated construction services companies, the John Aarts Group Ltd., which includes J-AAR Excavating, AAROC Aggregates, AAROC Equipment, Concrete Forming (1980) and Dutch Brothers Ready Mix is proud to have participated in the growth and development of Southwestern Ontario.
The John Aarts Group is an industry-leading construction company with a dedicated team of approximately 600 employees working across a variety of construction sectors. Our continued expansion demands a forward-thinking, business-minded Senior Equipment Manager to take the helm of our growing maintenance team.
As the Senior Equipment Manager, you will oversee our diverse equipment portfolio, ranging from heavy civil construction machinery to light vehicles. You will be instrumental in strategic and operational decisions, driving optimal efficiency and utilization of our company's equipment assets. The Senior Equipment Manager will report into the CEO.
How you will make an IMPACT
- Lead a maintenance team currently comprised of 25 team members, with the potential to expand to up to 100 in the near future.
- Diverse equipment portfolio of fixed and mobile plant, equipment and trucks, electronics and technology.
- Develop and implement strategic plans for equipment acquisition, lifecycle management, and disposal, in alignment with our business growth plan.
- You prioritize innovation and creativity with a data driven mindset.
- Utilize data analytics to make informed decisions on fleet maintenance and lifespan management.
- Maintain and nurture relationships with key suppliers, managing negotiations and contracts.
- Collaborate closely with operational managers from our sister companies to make critical capital procurement decisions.
- Oversee troubleshooting, repair, and maintenance activities of the equipment fleet.
- Ensure accountable processes for the reporting, administration, execution, and closeout of maintenance work orders in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ensure all equipment-related operations adhere to safety regulations and company standards.
How you WOW us
- Background in mechanical engineering, heavy equipment and/or heavy truck repair, heavy equipment/truck manufacturing is required.
- Background in business management, formal training or equivalent experience is required.
- Proven leadership skills and experience managing large teams.
- Excellent financial and analytical skills, with the ability to make data-driven decisions.
- Strong negotiation skills with a track record of managing supplier relationships.
- Extensive knowledge of heavy equipment operation and maintenance.
- Professional Engineer (P.Eng) designation and/or Diesel Mechanic 310T license, with management leadership training.
- Maintenance Management Professional (MMP) designation from PEMAC or willingness to obtain.
- An undergraduate degree in Business Administration (HBA) or a Master's in Business Administration (MBA) would be advantageous.
How we TAKE CARE of our PEOPLE
- We believe in fostering growth and advancement opportunities and are looking for someone who is ready to lead and grow with us.
- We provide a dynamic, supportive, and innovative environment, offering a competitive salary and bonus
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Career development opportunities
- Referral bonuses
- A team member focused culture with a common objective of finding out what we are capable of and reaching our potential
- We Celebrate our Achievements: holiday parties, BBQs, fishing derby, sporting event tickets, golf days, and so much more!
John Aarts Group Ltd. welcomes all applicants and is committed to a diverse workforce. If you require accommodation, please contact the People and Culture Department.