WeedMD Inc. is the publicly-traded parent company of WeedMD RX Inc. and Starseed Medicinal Inc., federally-licensed producers of cannabis products for both the medical and adult-use markets. The Company owns and operates a 158-acre state-of-the-art greenhouse, outdoor and processing facility located in Strathroy, Ontario as well as CX Industries Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary which specializes in cannabis extraction from the Company’s fully-licensed 26,000 sq. ft. Aylmer, Ontario processing facility. With the addition of Starseed, a medical-centric operator based in Bowmanville, Ontario, WeedMD has expanded its multi-channeled distribution strategy. Starseed’s industry-first, exclusive partnership with LiUNA, the largest construction union in Canada, along with other employers and union groups complements WeedMD’s direct sales to medical patients. The Company maintains strategic relationships in the seniors’ market and supply agreements with Shoppers Drug Mart as well as six provincial distribution agencies where adult-use brands Color Cannabis and Saturday are sold.
The Extraction Technician, under the direction of the Extraction Manager is primarily responsible for the extraction and production of cannabis derivatives. The position will also be responsible for properly operating and maintaining extraction equipment and ensuring protocols are strictly followed. The Extraction Technician must be detail-oriented, task-focused, and has a demonstrated ability to achieve production targets.
- Operate, clean, and maintain extraction, filtration, and distillation equipment
- Monitoring the materials used throughout the extraction process
- Meeting production goals as determined by the organization
- Preparing cannabis for CO2 production
- Collecting cannabis derivatives after extraction process
- Ensuring compliance with all standard operating procedures
- Maintaining inventory records of material used in extraction process
- Recording all required information to ensure compliance with quality assurance and Health Canada regulations
- Strictly adhering to operating procedures required in production process
- Assisting with researching and testing of extraction processes
- Analyzing quality of extracted product and raw materials as directed
- Strict adherence to all health and safety rules and guidelines
- Other duties as assigned
- Two or more years of work experience in a related industry
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in chemistry, chemical or mechanical engineering, or related field an asset
- Knowledge of GPP and Cannabis Act is essential
- Previous experience or education in a mechanical or lab environment an asset
- Previous experience with extraction equipment
- Knowledge of various extraction processes
- Ability to follow strict operating procedures
- Experience working under GMP regulations
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
- Experience with operating and maintaining related machinery
- Ability to solve technical and quality issues and explain what needs to be done
- Ability to adapt to new technology
- Dedication to safety measures and best practice
- Ability to prioritize and manage conflicting demands
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
WeedMD thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected to continue in the recruitment process will be contacted.
Pursuant to the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, WeedMD will accommodate all applicants with disabilities to the point of undue hardship during the recruitment and hiring process. Accommodation will be provided upon request and in accordance with the principles of dignity, individualization, and inclusion. WeedMD will work cooperatively, and in a spirit of respect, with all partners in the accommodation process.
WeedMD is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, colour, race, citizenship, ethnic origin, place of origin, creed, disability, family status, marital status (including single status), gender identity, gender expression, receipt of public assistance (in housing only), sex (including pregnancy and breastfeeding) or sexual orientation.
Job Type: Full-time
- Extraction: 2 years (Preferred)