WHO WE ARE
Brought on through the electrification of the automotive industry, Vari-Form is experiencing several new business opportunities. Vari-Form’s solution provides a lightweight, environmentally friendly, low-cost alternative to traditional stamped and welded components. We form parts using water and believe that the future of manufacturing and automotive can benefit from this technology.
The selected candidate will be joining the maintenance team responsible for effective troubleshooting, repair, and the continuous improvement of plant processes through automation and the newest technology.
We are excited to be growing and are looking forward to learning from you.
WHAT WE OFFER
- $38.52/hour, plus afternoon and midnight shift premium
- $43.52/hour – Dual Trade (combination of millwright, electrician and/or tool & die maker)
- 1.5x ($57.75/hour) for work over 40 hours a week
- 2x ($77.04/hour) for work on Sundays/Stat holidays
- Defined Contribution (DC) pension plan with company contributing up to 5% of earnings
- Comprehensive health, dental, disability, and life benefit package
- Family and employee assistance programs
- Paid sick days and vacation
- Paid Vari-Form holidays
- Tuition and training reimbursement
- Uniform, work boots, prescription safety glasses allowance
- Tools provided
- Yearly vehicle discounts, employee pricing (A plan) Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Fiat vehicles
- Employee recognition, service awards, BBQs, and other employee appreciation events
- Two-week rotation – midnights, afternoons, days
- Install, maintain and repair hydraulic, pneumatic, and mechanical equipment and systems such as hydraulic presses, transfer equipment, robotic welding equipment and lubrication systems.
- Read and interpret hydraulic and pneumatic circuit diagrams and mechanical blueprints and equipment documentation.
- Inspect machinery for defects; dismantle machine or equipment and repairs.
- Diagnose mechanical problems and take corrective action for the effective operation of the equipment.
- Actively participate in the development and achievement of team quality goals and objectives, continuous improvement ideas and projects, and environmental objectives and targets.
- Support launches, and production demands as deemed necessary with Overtime.
- Comply with company policies and procedures supporting the quality management system, environmental management system, and health and safety.
WHAT YOU OFFER
- Certificate of Qualification in Industrial Mechanic (Millwright) recognized by the Ontario Ministry of Training, Colleges, and Universities.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in an automotive environment.
- Ability to install, maintain, troubleshoot and repair hydraulic, pneumatic, and mechanical equipment and systems such as hydraulic presses, CNC benders, and robotic welding equipment and lubrication systems.
- Ability to interpret hydraulic schematics and machine blueprints.
- Demonstrated interpersonal, communication, leadership and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.