Human Resources Coordinator
Jones Healthcare Group is a world-class provider of advanced packaging and medication dispensing solutions. With over 100 years serving health and wellness markets, the privately held company is moving through an aggressive growth strategy with plans to invest $20 million into the business over the next two years.
“Over a century ago, Jones provided apothecary packaging to help pharmacists safely dispense medication to patients,” says Ron Harris, President & CEO at Jones. “One thing has never wavered since our beginning: we have always been focused on wellness. It’s in our DNA.”
Through its four business units — Cartons & Labels, Packaging Services, Canadian Pharmacy and Medication Adherence — and its three European subsidiaries Venalink UK, Venalink Spain and MEDI-Clear, the company brings a unique expertise across health sectors to its customers. And, with a continued vision to advance healthcare with progressive packaging platforms, Jones puts consumer well-being first while responding to evolving market needs.
For more information, please visit www.joneshealthcaregroup.com.
Summary of position
The Human Resources Coordinator is a key member of the HR team at Jones Healthcare Group. In supporting a dedicated Business Unit, and alongside a Senior Human Resources Business Partner, the incumbent is responsible for all aspects of the employee experience including full cycle recruitment, orientation and onboarding, compensation and benefits, and is the ‘go-to’ for HR-related inquiries. As part of the larger Human Resources team, the HR Coordinator will be provided the opportunity to lead and co-lead various projects as we grow our capacity and capabilities.
If you love working in a fast-paced environment and you are energized by a variety of Human Resources responsibilities that leverage your project, administrative and creative skills, then this position will be of interest to you.
If you get excited about the opportunity to support colleagues and leaders while growing your HR career through an entry-level position that will give you exposure to a multitude of tasks, projects and processes, this position is a perfect fit for you.
If you are naturally an organized and outgoing person, capable of juggling many balls in the air with an eye for detail and action, then you’ll want to consider this opportunity.
Here are some of the different activities you’ll be asked to do:
- Manage all aspects of the employee experience by supporting the delivery of key HR services, including recruitment, compensation and benefits administration, training and development, and performance management
- Coordinate the full cycle recruitment process, including position profile development, sourcing, screening and interviewing, and preparing offer letters, while maintaining a positive candidate experience
- Organize and facilitate orientation sessions with new hires and provide ongoing support to ensure a smooth and engaging onboarding experience
- Act as the first point of contact for colleagues and Leaders with HR-related inquiries, managing or escalating issues as necessary
- Provide exceptional customer service for benefits and retirement savings-related inquiries and effectively manage the administration of disability claims
- Coaching colleagues and Leaders on career development and issues or concerns related to performance
- Effectively create and manage external relationships with temporary employment agencies, post-secondary schools and other community stakeholders
- Leading, participating in and executing on projects as we continue to build a best-in-class HR team
If you’ve got:
- A college diploma or Bachelor’s degree with a focus on HR
- CHRP designation (or working towards) is a strong asset
- 1-2 years of Human Resources experience (including internships or co-op terms)
- Exceptional organization skills with strong attention to detail
- A results-oriented mindset and ability to relate to people at all levels
- A passion for internal customer service
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
We’d like to hear from you!
Please submit a cover letter and resume.
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
As part of our commitment to accessibility for all persons with disabilities, Jones will, upon the request of the applicant, provide accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure equal access to applicants with disabilities. Please contact the Jones Human Resources department at 1.800.265.9093 about your needs, and we will consult with you to ensure suitable accommodation is provided.
For all feedback on equity and accommodation needs, please also contact the Human Resources department.