For over 70 years Buckland has been working to help companies across the world experience global trade in a better way. Buckland employs a unique approach to global trade that focuses on combining trusted technologies and talented people that know how to use them. As a customer-focused company, Buckland provides customers with a single source of unmatched Customs Brokerage (Canadian, US, Mexican), Trade Managed Solutions, Freight Forwarding, Trade Technologies and Warehousing/Distribution Services. Buckland strives to provide customized services in a memorable way.
The Product Owner (PO) is a member of the Agile Team who is responsible for the life and roadmap of a specific suite of tools that require high availability, continuous improvement, opportunities for user efficiency and data integrity. The PO will maximize the value delivered by the team and ensure that the Backlog is aligned with customer and stakeholder needs.
As a member of the extended Product Management function, the PO is the team’s primary customer advocate and primary link to business and technology strategy. This enables the team to balance the needs of multiple stakeholders while continuously evolving the Solution.
The Product Owner is fully integrated with the Business Analysts, Software Developers and Business Line, together, they ensure that product strategy and implementation remain connected throughout the value stream.
What we can offer you
- Opportunity to lead, mentor and implement best practices, across multiple teams
- Growing company that continues to invest in leading edge technology to support our team and customers
- Competitive salary, benefits package and matching retirement plan
- A friendly, collaborative work environment
- Opportunities for professional development & ongoing learning
- A chance to be part of a growing organization
- Accountability to prioritize work items into a measurable and achievable tool, builds a schedule delivering maximum value of the product(s).
- Collaborates with product stakeholders (business & technical) to develop a roadmap of change that aligns with both corporate objectives and demonstrates a forward-thinking approach.
- Works in an Agile environment and continuously reviews the business needs, refines priorities, outlines milestones, deliverables, and identifies opportunities and risks.
- Ability to manage negotiations between several parties to clearly communicate the strategy and plan of the product(s) future.
- Translates product roadmap features into well-defined product requirements including features, user stories, and acceptance test criteria.
- Partners with product stakeholders to define the user experience.
- Develops and maintains appropriate tracking and reporting of product performance post-launch to evaluate future investment.
- Proactively explore industry trends and advancements in technology to identify new and leading solutions that will significantly impact the achievement of the business objectives.
- Is a partner to the Business Analyst in all meetings, plans, documents, and work product. Supports needs and feedback for the Software Developer.
The ideal candidate will bring:
- In depth working experience as a product owner, project manager and change management advocate.
- Previous hands on, intermediate-advanced working knowledge with JIRA, implementation of workflows, approval levels, KPI’s and reporting outputs.
- Excellent communication skills both leading discussions and output of work product. Able to communicate in both technical and user-friendly language
- Time management skills! You work fast but thorough, you don’t cut corners and strive to deliver beyond expectations.
- Strong motivation, commitment, proactive and positive attitude, self starter
- Ability to think and apply outside-the-box concepts to common problems
- University Degree/College Diploma in Business Analysis, Project Management/IT Project Management, or relevant education in Business
- Exposure and experience using project management software & standards – MS Project, Asana, Gantt Charts, Visio, etc.
- Experience in an agile development environment considered a must have
- Certification or training in SCRUM desired, preference will be given to certified SCRUM masters or SCRUM Product Owner.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively across levels and functions internally and with third parties.
If this describes you, we’d love to hear from you. Please visit our website at www.buckland.com to learn more about Buckland and apply through our Career page today.
Those applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation in the application and/or interview process must submit their request to the Human Resources Department