Our trusted solution portfolio provides global water treatment. Pall Water provides complete water and wastewater treatment solutions and services using cutting edge membrane technologies to serve municipal and industrial customers. Combined with decades of experience and thousands of installations, Pall Water is known globally as a provider of high-quality systems designed to tackle the most complex water treatment challenges, simply and reliably. Within Danaher, Pall Water is part of the Water platform group of businesses. Through strong customer partnerships, the water platform advances the quality and delivery of water. Want to help us in this mission?
About this role:
Are you looking for a position where you can utilize your software, hardware and networking experience to improve Quality Cost and Productivity? This Software Engineering role will design, develop, install, and troubleshoot for aftermarket software and hardware upgrades, modifications, and expansions of Pall Water systems.
Hardware upgrades include but not limited to upgrading legacy obsolete PLCs (Programmable Logic Controller), HMI (Human Machine Interface) and I/O (Inputs/Outputs), such as Allen Bradley Logix500 Micro and SLC platforms, and Schneider PLCs to the latest Pall standard offerings of Studio5000 utilizing CompactLogix and ControlLogix, PC (Personal Computer) upgrades to the latest Windows operating system, Panelview HMI upgrades, Numatics/Festo remote I/O manifold upgrades, and VFD (Variable Frequency Drives) upgrades.
- Software upgrades may include software modifications to existing systems for improvements and/or additional process control, government upgrades, software upgrades to support new hardware configuration, SCADA (Supervisory Control And Data Acquisition) conversions from RSView32 to FactoryTalk SE, Wonderware SCADA software version upgrades, and upgrading data reporting systems.
- Network upgrades include but not limited to Ethernet upgrades, DeviceNet to EtherNet conversions, configuring Ethernet VFDs, and configuring new I/O over Ethernet.
- Travel to customer sites, mainly in North America. Regular and scheduled trips to Cortland, NY office location will be required.
- Provide technical support, viable upgrade options and solutions to engineering during bidding phase, design phase, execution phase, and warranty phase.
- Provide Software Engineering information to Pre-Sale team during the quoting process. Participate in Risk Assessments as required to ensure the software strategy is clearly understood and the risks are identified and mitigated.
Why you want this job:
- You can help customers in ensuring water quality for people around the world!
- You get to be a part of Danaher Corporation, rated 162 on the Fortune 500 list
- Full benefits including medical, dental, vision
- As part of Danaher, you can grow your career across four high-impact industries, six continents and more than 20 global operating companies
Are you qualified:
- BS Electrical Engineering or equivalent degree
- 5 years of professional software experience working experience in: Programming, operating and troubleshooting Allen Bradley PLC’s, including ControlLogix, CompactLogix, FlexLogix, SLC500, and MicroLogix
- Experience in Software design with PanelView HMI’s, RSView32, FTView SE, Wonderware and Visual Basic
- Preferred experience in Intellution iFix, Cimplicity, Vijeo Designer, Modicon PLC’s and Siemen’s PLC’s
- Effectively set up PLC networks using RSNetworx for DeviceNet, ControlNet, Ethernet, Modbus, Modbus + and Modbus/TCP, Profibus and ProfiNet.
- Effectively use fluid mechanics, thermodynamics, Electrical Engineering, electric power distribution, VFD’s and NEC (National Electrical Code), NFPA (National Fire Protection Association) and the European code knowledge as applicable
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The “EEO is the Law” poster is available here.