At General Dynamics Land Systems we put our Customers at the centre of everything we do. Our commitment to protect and enable the people who serve drives us to develop products and systems that give them a clear advantage for mission success. We are looking for passionate individuals to help us deliver innovative, unique solutions to our Customers.
- Ensure compliance to applicable import/export and domestic trade laws and regulations.
- Support the Licensing Officer and Specialist in the development of applications and/or execution of new authorizations and post approval processing:
- Prepare and submit International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) authorizations in accordance with regulatory requirements and business objectives in support of GDLS operations as required
- Prepare and submit Canadian Export and Import Permits in accordance with regulatory requirements and business objectives in support of GDLS operations as required
- Research Export Administration Regulations (EAR) to determine whether an Exception applies for a particular export of if a license is required
- Prepare and input Bureau Of Industry & Security (BIS) (EAR) licenses into the BIS SNAP-R System
- Setup file structure, ensure both electronic & hard copies are retained as required
- Update status/progress in various logs (e.g. Authorization Status Log, Pending Execution Log), ensuring all pertinent emails and documents/communications are saved electronically in background file
- Review/prepare authorizations for signature
- Coordinate and expedite the execution of authorizations
- Create and update authorizations in Global Trade Compliance Database
- Process requests for end-use documentation (DSP-83’s, End-User Undertakings, End User Certificates etc.)
- Create/update the file record
- Communications to Trade Compliance Council representatives regarding authorizations coming into effect or being terminated
- Ensure expiring authorization process is effective to ensure authorizations do not expire prior to obtaining replacements
- Assist with the preparation and timely submission of reports as required by Directorate Of Defense Trade Controls (DDTC) and/or BIS
- Assist with the development/maintenance of the Trade Compliance Portal pages and the Global Trade Compliance Database
- Report to Licensing Officer on Licensing status and issues
- Miscellaneous support functions as requested/required
- University degree in relevant discipline or College diploma
- Minimum 1 to 2 years related experience in a business environment
- Ability to adjust to multiple priorities in a busy environment
- Demonstrated strength in MS Office applications
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision making skills
- Excellent organizational, analytical and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to travel (5% Cdn) and (5% US & Int'l) and possess/be able to acquire and maintain a valid passport
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (ability to deliver information to all levels of the organization)
- Working knowledge/understanding of the Canadian Defence Production Act, the Canadian Controlled Goods Regulations and Export and Imports Permits Act; the US International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR); and, the US Export Administration Regulations (EAR).
- Previous Trade Compliance experience an asset, with a demonstrated ability to interpret and apply complex regulatory material to our business.
General Dynamics Land Systems – Canada is an employment equity employer who values diversity and inclusion. We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. It is a requirement that General Dynamics Land Systems - Canada be registered with the Canadian Controlled Goods Program and that all of its workforce be security assessed. As such, successful applicants must meet all applicable security requirements, including, but not limited to, the ability to obtain and maintain a Canadian government security clearance to secret level.