Intermediate Electrical Designer
At Trojan Technologies, we believe there’s nothing more essential than delivering clean water to the world. That’s especially true in this critical moment, when the world’s supply of clean water is under substantial stress due to industrialization, increasing demand, and rising biological and chemical contamination. Our mission is to stem that tide: to ensure greater water confidence and environmental stewardship for people, industries, and municipalities, improving the lives of over one billion people globally.
As part of our global team, you’ll work alongside customers from municipalities to pharmaceutical and food and beverage companies to build creative, sustainable solutions. You’ll also find a welcoming and supportive team that listens to your ideas and allows you to follow your strengths. All of us feel privileged to work on innovative technologies that bring clean water to the world—we hope you will, too.
Trojan is proud to be one of Danaher's Water Quality companies. Motivated by the highest possible stakes of climate change and global health, we’re working together within a rapidly digitizing industry to find innovative technologies that guarantee the safety of our water and our environment.
- Develop, analyze, and implement innovative, efficient project custom design solutions for UV disinfection equipment.
- Carry out assignments from moderate to relevant variety and/or complexity requiring a sound understanding of related engineering or scientific theory, principles and practices.
- Produce / review project custom design drawings / documentation.
- Design areas include creation of electrical schematics, PID drawings, BOMs for industrial control panels and electrical systems for use on products installed in Municipal water treatment facilities.
- Have or develop a good solid understanding of UL, CE and IEC standards.
- Participate in testing and field verification.
- Provide technical support to sales team and review of project contract specifications.
- Implement final design through the organization, working with other functional areas such as Manufacturing Operations and Service.
- Act as an informal resource for colleagues with less experience; provide informal mentorship and support to more junior team members.
- Follow Trojan Technologies processes and standard practices.
- Provide solutions to problems in situations that are atypical or occurring infrequently based on precedents, procedures, or design experience.
Critical Proficiencies / Leadership Anchors:
- Ability to work both independently and as a productive member of a team
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Excellent documentation skills – ability to maintain a clear design file
- Able to use initiative and good judgment in the application of standard procedures
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment and meet strict time lines
- Ability to cope with multiple tasks and prioritize requests
- Post-secondary education in Electrical Engineering program
- 2 to 5 years of validated solid understanding and experience of electrical control panel design
- Proficient in using AutoCAD software and Microsoft Office; Strong in digital literacy
- Solid work Electrical experience a set
- Willing to travel (if required but infrequent)
- Sound knowledge of electrical safety and good safety record required
When you join us, you’ll also be joining Danaher’s global organization, where 69,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you’ll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.
At Danaher, we value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
If you’ve ever wondered what’s within you, there’s no better time to find out.