SLEEGERS Engineered Products Inc. is a leading North American supplier of engineered solutions for the pressure vessel and propane industries. We design and manufacture a variety of products including propane motor fuel tanks, commercial and industrial pressure vessels, and automated propane cylinder vending kiosks.
Founded in 1963 and based in London, Ontario, we are proud to have assembled a diverse team that unites highly skilled fabrication skill sets with innovative engineering professionals to produce exceptional products for our target marketplaces. We are a rapidly growing company serving specialized marketplaces in Canada and the USA.
We are recruiting a Buyer to help facilitate the ongoing and rapid growth at SLEEGERS. This person will be responsible for the purchasing of Maintenance Repair and Operation, “MRO” material and services, closing out NCRs, expediting, coordinating shipments to and from suppliers, and cooperate with the supply chain Lead to maintain steady flow of material and services to satisfy the production needs.
- Work with the operation team to purchase material and services including; but not limited to, tools, repair parts, operation chemicals and fluids, PPE, parts for special projects, welding material and consumables.
- Follow up on open POs and close out orders on time.
- Perform the filing for the POs hard and soft copies.
- Perform RFQ process as needed.
- Coordinate shipments from and to suppliers with logistic department including shipping documents preparation.
- Handle suppliers’ warranty / non-conformity material and close out the related NCRs on an expedited basis.
- Work with the receiving and accounting departments to resolve any discrepancies with orders.
- 2 -3 years of experience in purchasing BMO material and services.
- College degree/diploma in Logistics and Supply Chain Management; considered an asset.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Computer literate including proficiency with ERP’s and Microsoft Office applications; specifically Excel.
- Syspro knowledge considered an asset.
The Ideal Candidate will possess
- Excellent organizational, planning, and communication skills.
- The ability to work accurately with close attention to detail
- The ability to work in a team in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to interact comfortably with a wide range of individuals in the organization to support the Supply Chain Team.
- Competitive compensation package; salary is commensurate with experience
- Opportunity for growth and advancement within SLEEGERS
- Comprehensive health and dental benefit plans
- Retirement plan with employee-employer matched contributions
- Training and development opportunities available to enhance your skill set
SLEEGERS is committed to providing a barrier-free environment and promoting independence, dignity, integration, and equal opportunities for persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available, upon request, for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.