Advisor, Human Resources
At Saputo, our best comes from our people. We’re a talented and caring team with a longstanding history of excellence.?Since our first days delivering cheese on a bicycle, we’ve grown into a leading global dairy processor by staying true to the culture that defines us. Each of our employees is committed to uphold our tradition of care, quality, and passion through food, and together, we foster an environment where we can all make contributions that matter–from our manufacturing plants to our office locations and everywhere in-between.
Overview of the Role
Reporting to the Human Resources Manager of the St. Marys and Tavistock locations, the incumbent will be responsible for supporting the HR activities of these location. They will be closely involved in maintaining a work environment conducive to team development and the achievement of strategic and operational objectives and will act as an ambassador for the culture and values promoted by the organization.
How you will make contributions that matter:
- Act as an advisor with regards to the management of human resources practices, policies and procedures
- Support and coach the management team and act as a business partner for all human resources related activities
- Build and foster relationships with management team and employees, which uphold Company culture and values
- Ensure the completion of the internal and external recruitment process in collaboration with the Talent Acquisition team
- Support managers in welcoming and integrating new employees; manage new hire orientation, conduct stay interviews with new hires
- Perform data analysis of labour KPI’s
- Manage leave of absence process from claim submission through Return to Work
- Maintain regular floor presence to promote positive employee relationships
- Collaborate with managers and employees for questions related to disability management, group benefits, compensation, etc.
- Responsible for communicating HR updates and directives
- Facilitate all HR related training
- Perform various human resources administrative tasks
- Ensure the maintenance of the HRIS Workday system
- Other duties as assigned
You are best suited for the role if you have the following qualifications:
- University degree/college diploma in human resources management or a related field
- CHRP designation is an asset.
- 1 to 3 years of human resources management experience; ideally in a manufacturing or warehouse environment;
- Working knowledge of human resources and applicable laws and regulations related to benefits, pay and health and safety
- Experience with HRIS, Workday preferred
- Good organizational skills, versatility, responsibility, initiative, and discretion
- Be team-oriented while being able to work independently
- Strong interpersonal, communication and leadership skills
We support and care for our employees and their families by providing:
- Competitive salaries
- Advantageous corporate agreements
- Full range of group insurance benefits
- Group retirement pension plan with employer contribution
- Purchase option of company stocks
- Group RRSP
- Health and wellness program in the workplace
- Assistance program for employees and their families
- Saputo products at a discounted price
We support employment equity. Saputo strives to embed diversity and inclusion in its operations and invites candidates from all horizons to join its family.
Saputo welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations up to the point of undue hardship are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Our story began in Canada in 1954, when the Saputo family's hard work and dedication created a thriving dairy business. More than 65 years later, our roots in this country remain strong with our Corporate Headquarters in Montréal. Today, we are a leading cheese manufacturer and fluid milk and cream processor in Canada with well-loved brands, such as Saputo, Alexis de Portneuf, Armstrong, Baxter, Dairyland, Joyya, Milk2Go, Milk2Go Sport, Neilson, Nutrilait, Scotsburn* and Woolwich Goat Dairy. Thanks to our national footprint, we're proud to bring our best to our customers and consumers, and have plenty of opportunities for our employees to grow in their own way. And we do it while also striving to build a healthier future for our people and the communities where we operate, guided by our values and the Saputo Promise. To learn more about Saputo in Canada, please click here. (http://saputo.com/en/our-products/canada-sector)
Join the Saputo Dairy Products Canada team to make your contributions matter every day!
* SCOTSBURN is a registered trademark and is used under license by Saputo Dairy Products Canada G.P.
The material contained herein is provided for informational purposes only. All open jobs offered by Saputo Inc. and all companies, corporations, partnerships, limited partnerships and other entities controlled by Saputo Inc. (collectively, “Saputo”) on Saputo's web site are subject to specific job skill requirements. The job skill requirements, qualifications, and preferred experience are determined by a Saputo subsidiary, office or department, and all positions are subject to local prevailing employment laws and restrictions. This would include immigration laws pertaining to work authorization requirements and any other applicable government permissions or compliance. The materials on this site are provided without warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to warranties regarding the accuracy or completeness of the information contained on this site or in any referenced links. While Saputo attempts to update this site on a timely basis, the information is effective only as of the time and date of posting. Strict confidentiality will be observed at all times. Saputo is an equal opportunity employer. The information on this site is for information purposes only and is not intended to be relied upon with legal consequence.
Saputo welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations may be available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.