About this role:
Designs and analyzes mechanical systems, equipment and packaging. Conducts feasibility studies and testing on new and modified designs. Directs support personnel in the preparation of detailed design, design testing and prototype fabrication. Provides design information to drafting for packaging documentation. Jobs that provide engineering technical support in this field should be assigned to this job family.
- Identify customer requirements
- Design systems and products
- Read design specifications and technical drawings
- Research solutions and estimating costs and timescales
- Make models and prototypes of products using Solidworks
- Working to North American (NA), European (EU) regulatory bodies and their standards
- Liaise with others in the design team, with clients and contractors
- Design and conduct tests
- Record, analyze and interpret test data
- Propose modifications and retesting products, researching suitable solutions
- Qualify final products or systems
- Prepare product documentation, write reports and give presentations
- Monitor a product in use to improve future designs
- Develop manufacturing processes by designing and modifying equipment for building and assembling electrical components; soliciting observations from operators.
- Monitor a product to improve on future design with support from Engineering Lab Team
- Investigate and test vendors' and competitors' products.
Are you qualified?
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in related field or equivalent education with at least three-to-five years’ related post-graduate education and/or work experience.
- Experience with Electronic Systems, Electronics Troubleshooting, Electronic Testing Design, Project Management, Quality Focus
- Experience with Autocad, wiring diagrams, electrical schematics, PCB, panel design, and firmware controls
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The “EEO is the Law” poster is available here.