Engineering Projects Coordinator
SLEEGERS Engineered Products Inc. is a leading North American supplier of engineered solutions for the pressure vessel and propane industries. We design and manufacture a variety of products including propane motor fuel tanks, commercial and industrial pressure vessels, and automated propane cylinder vending kiosks.
Founded in 1963 and based in London, Ontario, we are proud to have assembled a diverse team that unites highly skilled fabrication skillsets with innovative engineering professionals to produce exceptional products for our target marketplaces. We are a rapidly growing company serving specialized marketplaces in Canada and the USA.
We are recruiting an Engineering Projects Coordinator to join our engineering team to help support growth and development of the propane industry. In this role the successful candidate will work directly with the engineering department within the company as well as with external clients. The main duties will include:
- Establishing & managing project plans that satisfy business requirements & commitments;
- Act as coordinator from all project leads into a project master plan which effectively utilizes resources to execute projects in a timely manner while meeting target budgets;
- Engaging with customers and internal team to detail specific project deliverables and gaining commitments from project stakeholders;
- Tracking project performance to ensure schedules are maintained;
- Tracking project budgets, identifying potential budget overruns, managing changes as required;
- Act as the main point of customer contact for the project delivery and issues mitigation;
- Coordinating and implementing corrective actions related to projects;
- Host regular meetings with clients and project leads to provide updates and document all actionable items and follow up on these items, as required;
- Provide regular customer specific updates to those customers;
- Support the execution of projects by working with vendors to receive quotations and track statuses;
- Utilize demonstrated best industry practices, techniques, and standards throughout the project execution;
- Use planning software such as Primavera, Microsoft Project (MSP) or other Project Management software to develop master schedule for interface milestones, activities, activity durations and project progress monitoring systems;
- Participate in regular meetings as required; and
- Develop effective relationships with multiple teams.
The Ideal Candidate
- Certification or degree in Engineering, Operations, Business or other, with experience related to project management or equivalent
- Technical background and experience is required.
- Proficient in English written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to oversee and coordinate multiple projects, involving complex work-scopes, numerous stakeholders, in a dynamic and fast-paced work environment Proficient in all MS Office software and specific applications
- Previous small and large industrial construction project experience
- Professional and personable in both written and verbal communication
- Able to build strong partnerships with both internal and with external stakeholder
- Bilingual in French, both verbal and written, considered an asset
- PMP certification is an asset
- Demonstrated effectiveness in managing working relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Competitive compensation package; salary is commensurate with experience
- Opportunity for growth and advancement within SLEEGERS
- Comprehensive health and dental benefit plans
- Retirement plan with employee-employer matched contributions
- Training and development opportunities available to enhance your skill set
SLEEGERS is committed to providing a barrier-free environment and promoting independence, dignity, integration, and equal opportunities for persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available, upon request, for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.