HR Training and Development Coordinator
Job Number: 25201
Group: Cosma International
Division: Presstran Industries
Job Type: Permanent/Regular
Location: St. Thomas
Cosma provides a comprehensive range of body, chassis and engineering solutions to global customers. Through our robust product engineering, outstanding tooling capabilities and diverse process expertise, we continue to bring lightweight and innovative products to market.
The Human Resources Training & Development Coordinator will support organizational growth and increase employee productivity through the long-term improvement of employees' skills, enabling them to fulfil their potential within the organization, while staying current with changing technologies.
The coordinator assists the company in meeting its strategic goals along with Health and Safety, Environmental, Customer and TS16949 requirements as well as meeting continuous improvement initiatives through the development, organization and administration, of education and training programs in a variety of formats including e-learning, classroom, hands-on, role playing, etc. The coordinator organizes and schedules training sessions as required and maintains all education and development related database and library materials. The coordinator is assigned human resources project work as applicable and this position will back-up other HR positions/functions, as required.
- Anticipates, researches, develops, schedules, evaluates, and documents Companywide training as required to meet all customer/division/corporate/legislative needs. This involves liaison with a wide variety of organizations and service providers including Government, Educational, Corporate, and Private Sector and may include curriculum development as required.
- Develops and maintains policies and procedures associated with education, especially as related to the requirements of ISO/IATF-16949 and supports the ISO/IATF-16949 program by participating in audits.
- Monitors and makes recommendations to HR training related procedures to ensure compliance to ISO/IATF-16949.
- Assess training needs through a variety of methods, including job descriptions, surveys, interviews with employees, focus groups, consultation with Department Leaders, instructors, and/or Magna/Cosma representatives as required.
- Administers the division’s LMS System (Talent Training Database). Maintains all training records/funding resource/skills inventory databases.
- Review training materials and resources from vendors and select appropriate vendor based on appropriate success, cost, and timing factors.
- Convert training courses, tracking, and delivery to electronic or virtual means, as applicable within Learning Management System. Work with Subject Matter Experts on creating or converting classroom training to virtual and/or blended training methods.
- Understands e-learning techniques and assists in the development and/or delivery of e-learning packages.
- Understands Adult Learning techniques and incorporate into training and training materials.
- Prepares reports, proposals, and manages training budget information for the purposes of business planning as required. Considers the cost of planned programs and monitors training costs to ensure training budget not exceeded.
- Minimum College diploma/certificate in Human Resources or related field is required.
- 2-3 years practical, relevant experience in administering Training and Development systems preferred.
- Experience in project management is considered an asset.
- Excellent verbal, written, listening and organizational skills required.
- Ability to work flexible hours to meet internal/external customer requirements. (Scheduled and non-scheduled overtime, shifts, etc.)
- Proficient with in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Requires strong excel skills with high accuracy.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize job assignments and pivot between projects.
- Demonstrated attention to detail is critical.
- Must be able to support the Open-Door Process.
- Excellent customer service manner and demonstrated ability to use tact and diplomacy.
- Able to work in a strictly confidential and professional manner.
- Ability to work independently in an efficient and effective manner.
Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.
Under the general direction of the HR Department Leader, the Coordinator independently confers with staff specialists both inside and outside the division to meet the training needs of the facility. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal are required to collect and exchange information or facilitate training sessions. The Coordinator requires excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, as well as strong interpersonal skills, tact, and maturity of judgement. They are required to employ a high degree of confidentiality due to the potentially sensitive nature of information in their care. The incumbent works in an office environment but is exposed to elements such as noise and temperature during time spent on the plant floor.
Overtime after 44 hours per week.
Vacation: 2 weeks of paid vacation (3 weeks after 3 years) + 3 Personal Paid Holidays (PPH)
Benefits: Medical and Dental Coverage. Plant wide Incentive Program – based on a number of factors, all members of our team receive an Incentive Bonus, if requirements are met. Magna Profit Sharing. Matched GRRSP. Company paid life insurance and AD&D coverage. Educational Assistance program. Work boot, safety glasses and custom molded earplug allowances.
Weekly pay via direct deposit. Barbecues and Children’s Christmas Party.
Roger’s cell phone plan available to Presstran Team Members, month Employee discounts (new vehicle, amusement parks etc.)
Additional Information Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.