Temporary Engineering Coordinator - Commercial
Job Number: 17086
Group: Cosma International
Division: Formet Industries
Job Type: Fixed Term Contract
Location: St. Thomas
Cosma provides a comprehensive range of body, chassis and engineering solutions to global customers. Through our robust product engineering, outstanding tooling capabilities and diverse process expertise, we continue to bring lightweight and innovative products to market.
Responsible for the management of all customer and internal commercial activities while maintaining and improving profitability and customer satisfaction.
- Business Degree/Diploma or equivalent combination of relevant education and applicable work related experience.
- Experience working with business applications (budget, business plans and quotations).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform all duties and promote themselves in a manner that reflects Formet Expectations and Formet’s Visions/Values through Magna’s Employee Charter.
- Follow and abide by all government, Legal, Magna and Formet rules and regulations.
- Contribute to continuous improvement and cost reduction activities.
- Coordinate and communicate request for information as well as initiating Formet Engineering Changes (FEC process) with the engineering database.
- Maintain engineering change responsibilities matrix in engineering database.
- Coordinate all costs, feasibility and timing from all related departments in a timely manner.
- Prepare FEC cost submissions and perform cost vs. sales analysis to ensure profitability of project.
- Coordinate information requests responses to the customer including implementation date information.
- Collect and prepare final costing package including supplier information as required.
- Work closely with engineering administrators with reviewing of customer’s approvals for accuracy.
- Review purchase requisitions with FEC’s to review that costs are covered.
- Assist with the coordination and preparation of continuous improvement business cases.
- Coordinate FEC audits among customer, supplier and Formet industries.
- Maintain customer correspondence through written and verbal communication.
- Coordinate and communicate special material requests with all relevant parties to ensure accurate and timely completion of all requests.
- Maintain SPO/SMR log with all relevant information.
- Prepare SPO/SMR cost submission including performing a cost vs. sales analysis as required.
- Assist with coordinating customer build directions, PTR’s and Pilot builds.
- Providing Customer with any new service part numbers and CAD drawings.
- Responding to Customer RFQ’s with quotes for new service parts.
- Properly organizing SPO information on service parts.
- Act as a liaison between customers, customer dealerships, and Formet.
- Verifying that all service parts are on contract, are PPAP’d and are properly shipped.
- Schedule production and shipment of SPO/SMR parts in accordance with Customer Quality, labelling and packaging specifications, as required.
- Perform other duties as designated.
- Office and Manufacturing Environments
- Able to work shift work.
- Able to be flexible in hours of work in order to meet internal/external customer requirements (scheduled and non-scheduled overtime shifts, etc.)
Safety and Housekeeping
- Responsible to adhere to all Health and Safety programs in accordance with the O.H.S.A.
- Follow and ensure the company’s procedures regarding safety rules and regulations are followed throughout the plant.
- Ensure that you work and operate equipment according to Formet’s safety rules and regulations.
- Active role in maintaining excellent housekeeping through leading by example.
- Ensure that your department is clean, tidy, organized and a safe workplace at all times.
- As with Safety, Security is everyone’s responsibility and Formet requires its employees to contribute to this activity by immediately notifying your supervisor when you identify security issues that affect the integrity of our supply chain, in accordance with PIP (Partners in Protection) and C-TPAT (Customs – Trade Partnership Against Terrorism) requirements.
Follow environmental protocol as prescribed by the Environmental Management System (EMS).
Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.
08--Engineering C--Fixed Term Contract