Nestlé Canada Ice Cream has an immediate opening for a Maintenance Mechanic to join the Maintenance team at our state-of-the-art and ever growing ice cream manufacturing plant, located in London, Ontario.
This position involves shift rotation and weekend work.
A day in the life of...
- Follow all job-related guidelines and procedures for personal safety, food safety, environment and company security (including but not limited to lockout/tag out, use of P.P.E.’s, Hazard Analysis, chemical and product spills, recycling …) as required;
- Participate in Total Performance Management (TPM) and work group activities as required;
- Air conditioned work area
- Maintain and trouble-shoot all equipment related to the making and packaging of Ice Cream; and
- Other duties as assigned by management
What will make you successful
- Certified as an Industrial Millwright
- Experience in an industrial maintenance environment
- Preference will be given to candidates with packaging equipment experience, and/or experience in a food manufacturing facility
- An overall understanding of industrial electronics/controls or an electrical license is a definite asset
- Upgrading and fabricating machinery and equipment according to layout plans, blue prints, and other drawings in industrial establishment.
- A good understanding of hydraulics and pneumatics, and all of the components involved in these processes, such as valves, cylinders and pumps
- Total Performance Management (TPM) experience an asset
You will have access to employee perks including:
- Hourly wage of $37.81/hr
- The potential for overtime
- Eligible for year end bonus based on factory results
- Corporate discounts
- Matching Pension contributions
- Comprehensive benefit plan
- Access to the company store with employee pricing on popular brands including Purina, Good Start, Häagen-Dazs, Stouffers, Starbucks and many more!
- FREE ice cream in the cafeteria available for you to eat during your break
Our highest priority is to ensure the health and safety of our employees, visitors and those who work on behalf of Nestlé Canada. All Covid-19 safety measures are in place and enforced