General Operations - Evisceration (Afternoon Shifts)
Career Fair!! Career Fair!! Career Fair!!
We are looking for equally excited individuals to join our team. Walk in (Bring your resume) and meet with our team on April 6th, 2023, from 10am-4pm at Ramada by Wyndham London: 817 Exeter Road, London, ON.
Exciting opportunities available across various shifts at our plant located at 1577 Wilton Grove Rd, London Ontario
Quick Plant Facts
Nearly 1,600 employees!
Plant size of 640,000 sq ft!
We have a BRAND NEW and MODERN state of the art factory
Why Join Our Team?
Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and plant-based protein company. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences.
What we Offer:
- Benefits plan: including short-term and long-term disability, major medical, and life insurance; Dental plan
- Retirement savings plan with employer contribution
- Shift premiums, Production bonus, Referral bonus program and Retention bonus program
- Employee & family assistance program (EFAP), Employee resource groups (ERG's) and Mental health support programs
- Vacation and paid leave
- Onsite cafeteria and Employee market
- Rewards & recognition programs
Duties and Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Working with industrial, food production equipment
- Using knives to perform cutting and trimming
- Participate in packaging
- Working in compliance with MPIP
- Housekeeping duties
- Performing backup duties to the processing machine
- Rotating with other positions in the department
- Performing any duties deemed necessary according to daily requirements and working overtime when necessary
Qualifications and/or Skills required:
All applicants must provide documentation to prove eligibility to work in Canada.
- Able to communicate, read and understand English
- Able to work in compliance with GMPs, HACCP, Health & Safety and WHMIS requirements
- Ability to move crates
- Able to stand and walk throughout the shift and work in a fast-paced work environment with repetitive tasks
- Ability to work in a wide range of environmental conditions (including cool, warm, wet)
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all our employees. As part of this commitment, we have adopted several COVID-19 safety measures, including a requirement for all employees to be fully vaccinated by?March 31, 2022?and to show proof of vaccination. In keeping with this policy, successful candidates will need to provide proof of vaccination at their orientation. We will of course consider accommodations for anyone unable to be vaccinated following human rights and other applicable laws.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce.? Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team email@example.com.? Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.