Job Number: 48370
Group: Cosma International
Division: Formet Industries
Job Type: Permanent/Regular
Location: ST. THOMAS
Cosma provides a comprehensive range of body, chassis and engineering solutions to global customers. Through our robust product engineering, outstanding tooling capabilities and diverse process expertise, we continue to bring lightweight and innovative products to market.
PLC programming and troubleshooting to increase uptime, throughput, efficiency and quality. Maintaining, designing, developing and continuously improving our equipment and the utilization of technology to ensure the best quality frames are produced.
- Completion of an Electrical/Electronics Engineering Technician course or equivalent from a community or recognized college program consisting of two years or more and/or a Certificate of Qualification in a recognized trade
• PLC troubleshooting and programming for large automation production lines, both on shop floor and remote interaction.
• Navigating and creating Standard PLC structures, programming for Rockwell PLC’s.
• PLC interfacing and programming control for integration of FANUC material handling, MIG welding, laser cutting robotic applications and Vision assisted handling.
• Integrate safe machine control using safety PLC structure and architectural design.
• Utilize AutoCAD to design, and provide support for reading, modifying, and understanding machine design content.
• Network interfacing for on-machine and plant communication using Ethernet, IO link, Profibus and Profinet.
• Programming data collection flow and archiving of historian data for analysis.
• HMI programming for machine interface via Ignition and Rockwell software.
• Data Matrix code reading for product traceability.
• Machine vision inspection for part certification during processing.
• Programming and troubleshooting motion control and VFD applications using Rockwell integrated control.
• Mechanical, pneumatic support as it relates to a controls process.
• Use conventional and servo hydraulic systems for piercing, riveting and forming processes.
• Perform all duties and promote themselves in a manner that reflects Formet Expectations and Formet’s Visions/Values through Magna’s Employee Charter.
• Follow and abide by all government, Legal, Magna and Formet rules and regulations.
• Contribute to continuous improvement and cost reduction activities.
• Maintain safety standards of equipment and work area and perform all duties in a safe manner in accordance with the safety policies of Formet.
• Co-ordinate activities of apprentices, helpers and assigned contractors.
• Assists in developing and/or updating preventive maintenance procedures.
• Conduct all activities in a professional manner and positive attitude with emphasis on personal responsibility.
• Interact with the team members running the line to look for improvements or ideas to improve your/their job/task and improve line Safety, Quality and Productivity.
• Preventative maintenance on Equipment – identify weakness in design and implement improvements. Take pride in workmanship and when performing skilled work develop procedures to educate and train other team members performing the same work.
• Evaluate and improve our processes for uptime and repeatability.
• Evaluate downtime situations for root cause and suggest/implement improvements in conjunction with Production Team Members. (Resolve the issue once root cause has been established / Joint decision production and maintenance)
• Evaluate potential risks to similar processes and develop work orders and plans to resolve issue.
• Perform other duties as designated.
Wage and Benefits
• $42.65 CAD per hour and up to $44.00 / Hour with Shift Premiums.
• Shifts rotate every 2 weeks between Days/Afternoons and Midnights
• Shift Premiums of $0.85/hour (afternoons and $1.35/hour (midnights)
• Weekly pay via direct deposit
• Overtime (1.5x) after 40 hours worked
• Vacation entitlement
• 2 weeks of paid vacation (3 weeks after 3 years) + 3 company paid holidays + 2x ½ days = 14 days annually
• Medical and Dental Benefits after 1 month of employment.
• Magna will contribute an amount equal to 3% of regular earnings every week to your retirement savings (MBC program)
• Profit sharing paid in the second quarter of every year (EEPPP Program)
• Matched GRRSP
• Company Paid Life Insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D)
• Safety Shoe annual allowance, prescription Safety Glasses annual allowance, Custom Molded Earplug allowance
• Company paid uniforms (if you choose to use).
• Company BBQ, Holiday Parties and Company Events
• Corporate Social Responsibility Initiatives
• Annual Employee Opinion Survey
• Magna Service Award Program
• Magna Scholarship Program
• Roger’s and Bell cellphone data plan available – as low as $40/month!
• Subsidized cafeteria
• Educational Assistance Program
• Jump Start Program for personal training - $300 benefit
• Employee Discounts: new vehicles, amusement parks, etc.
• Plant-Wide Continuous Improvement Program: 2021 bonus = $1860
• You get to work with a FANTASTIC Team!
Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.
Awareness. Unity. Empowerment.
At Magna, we believe that a diverse workforce is critical to our success. That’s why we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We hire on the basis of experience and qualifications, and in consideration of job requirements, regardless of, in particular, color, ancestry, religion, gender, origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity. Magna takes the privacy of your personal information seriously. We discourage you from sending applications via email to comply with GDPR requirements and your local Data Privacy Law.