Human Resources Business Partner
Canduct Industries has a career opportunity for an energetic, people and results-oriented Human Resources professional. The key mandate will be to champion the people agenda aligned with business strategies, objectives, retention, and growth. This role is ideal for a solutions-oriented individual who will bring strong HR subject matter, employee relations, and consulting expertise to raise employee engagement and positive business results.
· MAJOR DUTIES:
Provides Human Resources expertise, support, and guidance to the General Manager and their teams in the areas of workforce planning, recruitment, talent management, employee relations, performance management, employee engagement, retention, and employee/leader development.
· Proactively partner with the Director of Human Resources to understand critical business priorities and HR implications.
· Recommend, develop, and administer human resources policies, procedures, and programs in support of business initiatives ensuring compliance with governing regulations, internal policies, and best practices.
· Maintain an effective level of business literacy about the business, its strategic plans, its culture, and its values.
This role encompasses a variety of responsibilities, including but not limited to the following:
· Understand the critical objectives of the business and help influence the culture, create a positive employee experience, and champion relevant organizational changes and initiatives.
· Support complex employee matters.
· Supporting the recruitment and onboarding activities of top talent including co-ops, interns, apprentices, full-time employees, and contractors.
· Partner with Health/Safety Specialist and HR Assistant to ensure new hires are properly onboarded and records updated on Training Matrix
· Support General Manager during the performance management cycle including supporting leaders in the development/establishment of annual goals.
· Identify, evaluate, and resolve employee relations issues that foster collaboration and improved performance.
· Participate and/or lead any progressive disciplinary actions, terminations, restructuring and change management activities.
· Coach and advise leaders on talent management best practices related to attracting, developing, and retaining employees.
· Partner with the business and employees to define and develop career development plans, establish, and maintain succession plans to promote internal mobility.
· Support HR Assistant with benefits enrollment, obtaining clarification on complex benefits claims and supporting and facilitating any claims management and return to work activities.
· Contribute to continuous improvement ideas to enhance HR tools and processes.
· Provide ongoing support and guidance to employees and leaders on HR programs, practices, policies, legislation, and regulatory requirements.
· Support the management of illness or disability of employees related to either an occupational or a non-occupational absence and supporting the business with the development of RTW plans, accommodation, and injury/illness reporting.
· Provide leadership, mentor, and direct the daily activities of junior team members as needed.
· Demonstrate a continuous improvement mindset related to health and safety, employee wellness offerings and environmental initiatives. Ensure data accuracy and integrity within all HR systems.
Canduct Industries will accommodate candidates under the AODA legislation in all aspects of the hiring process. Please notify us if accommodation is required.
If you are interested in working for Canduct Industries, please submit a resume and cover letter with salary expectations, clearly describing your qualifications for this position. In your email, please address the position “HR Business Partner” in the subject line.
No phone calls or walk-ins please. While we appreciate all interest in this position, we will only contact candidates that we wish to interview.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Ability to commute/relocate:
- London, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)