A Sustainable, Forward Thinking Protein Company
Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and plant-based protein company, employing over 11,500 people and publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange. We are proud of our roots, which trace back well over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we are committed to creating shared value – creative business value through addressing some of the world’s most critical social and environmental challenges. Our goal is to build a more sustainable food system, which provides nutritious affordable food, operates within planetary limits, cares for animals responsibly, and meaningfully engages with our communities to advance a more just society. We are advancing bold changes within Maple Leaf and more broadly within society to pursue our vision. We deeply believe this is the sustainable path to growth.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong values-based culture, where our people are deeply engaged in work that is purposeful, fast-paced and challenging.We cultivate an open, non-bureaucratic and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and accountability. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement
Raise the Good in Food
We have united behind a shared purpose – to Raise the Good in Food. This spans a dramatic transformation of our flagship Maple Leaf brand, replacing anything artificial with simple, natural ingredients; investments and process changes to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025; building a diverse and inclusive culture where all talent thrives; becoming a leader in animal care; and advancing food security through our charitable foundation, the Maple Leaf Centre for Action on Food Security.
Our Leadership Values
Eight core values guide us in everything that we do.
- Do What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
Maple Leaf Foods is embarking on one of the most exciting journeys in its history through the build and startup of a world-class, leading edge manufacturing facility producing premium, value added fresh poultry products. The new 640,000 square foot facility will call London, ON home and will employ over 1,600 employees as we ramp up operations over the next few years.
We are looking for equally enthusiastic people who want to join our team as we start to climb our own version of Everest. As with every great feat, the realities of this opportunity may come with some challenges and we are looking for people who have the commitment to working through these together. We believe that participation in this start-up requires great passion for our objectives, the flexibility to adapt to the needs of the environment, and a resilient spirit rooted in the desire to achieve winning results as a team. Together we believe we will do great things for our people, our consumers, and our communities.
If you think that this opportunity might be for you, we encourage you to read more details about this exciting role below.
A snapshot of some of the exciting things you will lead and do:
Reporting to the Sr. Warehouse Supervisor, the Warehouse Supervisor leads the hourly team members within the finished goods warehouse to ensure workloads are completed accurately and in a timely manner to ensure on time departure of all shipments. You are responsible for driving efficiency, on time departures, employee safety and quality standards. You thrive in an environment that is fast paced and have a keen sense for continuous improvement. This position requires a high-level of communication and collaboration with other departments.
As Warehouse Supervisor, you will:
- Consistent with our leadership values, act as a champion for our culture by leading the finished goods warehouse team in the development and execution of a positive and productive environment that permeates through all levels and is focused on the needs of our people.
- Coordinate finished goods activities within the London site including shipping, receiving, warehousing, order picking, cycle counts and shunting.
- Executing SAP EWM transactions relating to receiving, picking and shipping activities
- Responsible for executing SAP ECP transactions around order fill, creating warehouse tasks and warehouse orders, assessing product availability of orders, update orders as required.
- Working with the Order Processing team, assign and monitor work within the department following receiving and shipping schedules. Assure coordinated workflow and elimination of ordinary difficulties.
- Working with the Inventory Supervisor execute inventory counts to ensure that finished goods inventory is accurately reflected within SAP.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate inventory within the finished goods warehouse and the proper rotation of dates based on customer allocation requirements.
- Maintain a safe working environment for all staff ensuring all policies and processes are followed properly for the movement of goods and staff within the warehouse and with the receiving and loading of trailers.
- Supervise the shunt activities within the yard relating to the shipping of finished goods and receiving of materials.
- Maintain administrative processes regarding schedules, inspections, inventories, and management reports.
- Adhere to and assist in the enforcement of safe work practices following all safety regulations and guidelines. Report accidents to OHS Manager and assist with accident investigations.
- Adhere to and assist in the enforcement of Good Manufacturing Practices following all sanitation and process procedures and guidelines.
- Manage an hourly workforce in a fair and equitable manner in accordance with company policies, and procedures to deliver operational and work environment objectives including communications, safety, training, performance management, work assignment, attendance management, competency assessment, coaching, and discipline.
- Ensure all warehouse employees are properly trained in health & safety and food safety policies and procedures and the duties and responsibilities of their current role.
- Review employee hours worked and manage employee time off and absences.
- Other project work as assigned by management.
What we have to offer you:
- Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
- Professional and career development opportunities
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that start on your first day of employment
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
- Employee Assistance Program
What you will bring:
- 3-5 years of experience in a Shipping/Warehouse environment for manufacturing, preferably in a food processing facility.
- 5+ years of leadership and supervision experience
- Post-secondary education
- Strong analytical capability
- Able to work various shifts and extend working hours when required
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with a high degree of initiative and flexibility
- A strong communicator, both written and oral, who is confident, decisive, able to deal with conflict and yet achieve win-win results
- Comfortable and effective in working with all levels of a very diverse workforce, including those with little to no English abilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage conflict and build teams
- Strong computer application skills, network and PC business application software. Experience with SAP preferred
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all our employees. As part of this commitment, we have adopted a number of COVID-19 safety measures, including a requirement for all employees to be fully vaccinated by March 31, 2022 and to show proof of vaccination. In keeping with this policy, successful candidates will need to provide proof of vaccination by March 31, 2022 (or prior to their first day of work if the start date is after March 31, 2022). We will of course consider accommodations for anyone unable to be vaccinated following human rights and other applicable laws
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision, living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values, and delivering winning results. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired; please contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.