The Process Operator will be responsible for the manufacturing and handling of raw materials and/or finished products at the plant. A successful applicant will be responsible for safely operating equipment in the assigned area while maintaining a high degree of quality for our products and working as efficiently as possible for our continuous operation facilities.
Core Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Actively promote a work environment where the level of knowledge within all departments, relative to Safety, Efficiency, and Good Manufacturing Practices, along with related regulations and policies is developed and maintained.
- Provide ongoing monitoring, troubleshooting, and adjustment of the process.
- Provide support for the Quality Department for in-process testing, to ensure that products are both safe and of uniform quality. Ensure that good manufacturing practices are followed, and the product meets customer specifications.
- Function on a self-directed basis within cross-functional work teams to problem solve or improve processes and procedures. Identify opportunities for improvement; develop appropriate recommendations, implement action plans, and follow up to assure effective results.
- Understand and integrate business and technical needs into all activities.
- Completion of pre-employment testing of all candidates is required.
- Perform any other duties as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to perform work of varying physical demand, including extremes of posture, temperature, and height.
Position type and expected hours of work: Full-time position and ability to work rotational shifts in a continuous operation facility and overtime may be required.
Required education and experience:
- Post-Secondary education, focusing on Chemical Processing or Mechanical Discipline preferred.
- Ability to operate machinery if required, including rail movement and other powered industrial vehicles (Additional training will be provided to successful candidates).
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Ability to manage an important function in a complex plant environment, including strong conceptual, problem-solving, and communication skills.
- Must have the capability to interact effectively at all levels of management.
- Demonstrated high degree of sound judgment, resourcefulness, initiative, and innovation in handling complex technical assignments with minimal supervision
Additional eligibility qualifications:
- Demonstrated commitment to working in a safe working environment, including a working knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety or applicable provincial legislation.
- General computer literacy skills with knowledge of spreadsheets, Microsoft Office, SAP, and database applications.
- Strong interpersonal skills demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- Knowledge and experience in both HACCP and ISO standards would be an asset
Relocation Available? No
Job Grade: Local