Robotics Systems Engineer
Review concepts, designs and builds of automated machines in order to identify and address technical uncertainty and risk in the process. Analyze and create the functional requirements of projects to ensure that they meet customer requirements, safety and ergonomic standards. Continually research new innovative technologies to assist with current and future applications. Participate and lead feasibility studies of new technologies in order to identify risks and probable solutions. Contribute to the growing the capabilities of the system engineering group and BOS.
- Assist the applications engineering team and provide concepts, functional requirements, and direction.
- Understand project scope, analyze risks & customer specifications, and help solution development during project execution
- Participate in proof of concept and design phase with engineering.
- Analyze system specifications for purchased systems or potential purchases on applicability of function and method of integration.
- Lead/manage 3rd party equipment selection and process feasibility studies to ensure successful projects
- Lead/manage resolution of tough technical issues to ensure project success and closure
- Review processes, identifying potential process errors and coordinate with project team to resolve and overcome problems and risk.
- For assigned projects, understand, create, update, and test functional requirements for the project.
- For assigned projects, attend meetings for Project Kick Off, Concept Reviews, Design Reviews, and whiteboards to critique and ensure functional requirements are clear, identify potential concept issues, guide design resolutions, provide status of system responsibilities.
- Bring technical challenges that affect commercial aspects (scope, cost, timing, functional requirements, safety, ergonomics) to the Project Manager for collaborative resolution.
- Perform testing of machines and processes for applications to determine if their performance meets functional requirements, safety and ergonomic standards.
- Assist in troubleshooting a machine and close-out of various technical or supplier issues.
- Verify project meets customer requirements/ key deliverables and is ready to ship by completing pre-FAT & FAT testing
- Lead PSHSR compliance on assigned projects (facilitation between customer/BOS and approver)
- Weekly meetings within Systems group to discuss group initiatives, priorities, workload, address any current issues or inefficiencies within the group and generate solutions.
- Drive improvements to increase performance and decrease project costs.
- Develop Standards/Methods/Processes to be used within the greater engineering team to achieve department goals
- Continuous development participation and implementation of BOS Standards.
- Develop and maintain tools/instruments/software/supplies and develop systems to manage them.
- Facilitate the Lessons Learned process provide recommendations and analysis on data collected
- Mentor engineers of varying experience in automation integration and be a technical resource for areas of expertise and experience.
- Other duties as required by your Supervisor.
- A Degree or Diploma in Engineering with a minimum 5-10 years’ experience.
- Proven knowledge of regulatory safety requirements and testing equipment – FAT.
- Ability to define, process, and develop project requirements.
- Demonstrated experience organizing projects and taking corrective measures.
- Effective attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy.
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization and execution skills.
- Consistent focus on cross-disciplinary collaboration
- Effective deadline management and project management skills.
- High level of proficiency with strong knowledge of Microsoft office, 2D/3D CAD software (preferably SolidWorks).
- Strong customer service focus.
- Self-starter and highly motivated to make proactive changes.
Flexible work hours
Multiple extended health care plans to choose from
Subsidized Lunch Program
Training development program
Staff appreciation lunches & Socials
Bi-annual company events
Career planning & goal setting
Employee recognition program
Performance appraisal program
BOS Promotional Clothing
Employee Assistance Program
Employer Supported Volunteer Program
Apply for this job