Job Function: Sales
Primary Location: Canada-Ontario-London
Job Type: Permanent
Posting Date: Feb 19, 2020
About the Company
For more than 160 years, Labatt has created enduring bonds with consumers as they share memorable experiences while enjoying iconic brands like Alexander Keith’s, Labatt Blue, Budweiser and Stella Artois.
Labatt employees share the dream of becoming the best, most profitable beer company in a better world with their Anheuser-Busch InBev colleagues worldwide. From Newfoundland to British Columbia, Labatt’s 3,000 employees brew about 60 local and world-known beers. Anheuser-Busch InBev is the leading global brewer, managing a portfolio of more than 200 brands.
Labatt is one of Canada’s most recognized brands and most respected corporations. We take responsibility for improving the world where we do business, and together we find ways of putting social responsibility into action. We’re also committed to building a company for the long-term with a legacy to be proud of – for the people who work for us and with us; for future generations and the environment; and above all for our consumers.
Represent Labatt’s Beyond Beer Portfolio (Ready-to-Drink, Cider, Spirits, Canned Wine, and Non-Alcoholic Beverages) and increase the sales of all products within an assigned territory which may include multiple channels of sale. Produce results that meet and exceed distribution, merchandising, and sales objectives leveraging allocated tools, programming, and brand campaigns. Continually expand the account base, increasing top line revenues, while building long-term customer and brand equity.
Note: The Work Location for this position is at Sudbury, ON.
- Pre-plan and execute sales calls to new and existing on a master route schedule. Types of accounts vary by territory and province and may consist of retail (liquor stores, independent retailers), and on premise (restaurants, hotels and other similar venues).
- Present fact based sales presentations to introduce new products and sell existing products
- Execute variable monthly promotions (displays, near packs, LTOs) in accounts according to standards
- Keep abreast of competitive trends and report appropriate developments
- Build quality relationships with customers that translate to commercial results
- Control operating and A&P expenses and manage budget and expenses appropriately
- Deliver and exceed on annual budget for assigned territory in terms of revenue and distribution.
- Monitor and track marketing programs
- Attend and participate in events, training and meetings
- Coordinate and conduct tastings & events
- Review and prepare reports / sales materials
- Record and submit sales and account activity in a timely fashion
- Minimum 2+ years of progressive sales experience, preferably in beer/wine/spirits industry or CPG industry
- Knowledge of our products
- Completed Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, Commerce or related from a recognized institution
- Impeccable communication skills including influencing, negotiation and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Organized with proven ability to multitask & manage time effectively
- Self-starter with a strong desire to learn and develop as a sales professional
- Able to work well independently and in a team
- Achievement / results oriented
- Strong Computer skills including MS Office
- Available to travel and attend evening/ weekend events as necessary
- Legally able to sell alcohol beverages
- Valid Driver’s License and satisfactory driving record.
- For Quebec Territories, oral and written fluency in French is required. Bilingualism a strong asset.
Labatt Breweries of Canada LP is committed to fair and equitable recruiting practices. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to come forward at any stage of the recruitment process to request accommodations, if needed. Members of our team will consult and create processes that provide individuals with disabilities the best possible recruitment experience.