Reporting to the CEO, the HR Manager will provide leadership and strategic advice to our executive and management team with respect to human resources. The HR Manager is responsible for developing strategies and policies relating to performance management, employee relations, recruitment, HR information systems, compensation and benefits, employee wellness, health and safety, disability management, equity diversity and inclusion. The successful candidate is a highly motivated, self-directed and innovative professional who is able to hit the ground running.
Motif Labs is a licensed cannabis extraction facility located in SW Ontario. Motif operates as a business-to-business enterprise, offering toll processing and contract manufacturing services to Licensed Producers (LP's) and 3rd Party Brands. Motif is positioned for significant growth throughout 2021, and we are seeking dynamic and professional individuals with a desire to work for a rapidly expanding start-up to join the team. Motif prides itself on Integrity, Collaboration and Quality, and these core values are at the center of everything we do.
- Provide leadership in the development and implementation of Motif’s compensation, incentive, and benefits programs at all levels, ensuring market competitiveness and reflecting the organization’s compensation policy
- Understand business goals and recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in business objectives, productivity and development of HR within the company
- Develop a performance management system that fosters improved performance, increased communication and that is aligned with compensation practices
- Ensure the ongoing development of performance indicators and workforce analytics
- Develop innovative recruiting strategies and tools that will continue to attract and retain key talent
- Assist executive and management teams with organizational structure strategy
- Develop an internal and external candidate sourcing strategy to build diverse applicant pools and selection processes that align with the organization’s needs
- Build learning strategies that drive improvement in employees and enhances engagement
- Build strategies and programs that support leadership development, an effective leadership review process, and the ongoing development of managers.
- Support employees, addressing concerns and facilitating discussions as required.
- Provide guidance to managers on applying company policies and procedures, ensuring they are applied fairly.
- Document human resources actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records.
- Manage payroll and benefit administration
- Manage Motif’s human resource management system
- Foster teamwork and communication among staff
- Act as a strategic partner to the management team advising on all subjects regarding HR
- Other duties as assigned
- 5 to 10 years experience managing HR within a dynamic and rapid growth environment
- Excellent knowledge of provincial guidelines and Employment Standards Act
- Process driven and passionate HR professional
- Strong project management skills with an ability to lead projects, obtain buy-in and drive execution of results
- A self-starter that anticipates the needs of a growing organization and recommends improvements to the executive team proactively
- Comfortable with a fast paced environment and high work load
- Formal post-secondary education and/or training in Human Resources or equivalent experience
- Certified Human Resource Professional designation would be an asset
- Entrepreneurial mindset a willingness to tackle all HR related tasks, from administrative to strategic
- Ability to be the visible, front-line representative for human resources on site
- Strong administrative, multi-tasking, time management, and planning and organizational skills
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Proven professionalism and confidentiality
- Strong computer proficiency, specifically using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Office etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal skills, communication (both written and verbal), and relationship-building skills
- Flexible, open, and approachable attitude
- Ability to work with minimal supervision as well as within a collaborative team setting