At Saputo, our best comes from our people. We’re a talented and caring team with a longstanding history of excellence.?Since our first days delivering cheese on a bicycle, we’ve grown into a leading global dairy processor by staying true to the culture that defines us. Each of our employees is committed to uphold our tradition of care, quality, and passion through food, and together, we foster an environment where we can all make contributions that matter–from our manufacturing plants to our office locations and everywhere in-between.
We are food producer specializing in feta cheese and yogurt located approximately a 30 minute drive north of London. We are looking for a skilled mechanic with electrical and controls aptitude to assist in maintenance of all our equipment. This posting is available to those actively pursuing an Apprenticeship.
Reporting to the Manager, Maintenance, the Millwright is responsible for the routine/preventive maintenance and troubleshooting of production and packaging equipment.
Shift Assignment: Nights
- Responsible for maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing all production and packaging equipment on site for your assigned shift
- Maintain open, accurate communication with other maintenance employees as well as the other function areas on site (Ops, Quality, Warehouse)
- Complete all assigned work orders/PMs in a timely and accurate manner
- Must follow all applicable GMPs and all work processes identified by our Food Safety Protocols
- Responsible for ensuring that the process in place for accurate spare part inventory is followed
- Work to maximize plant efficiencies, reduce costs and maintain product quality
- All work is expected to be completed in a safe manner following all safety policies and procedures
- Licensed Millwright or actively pursuing Apprenticeship
- Good mechanical skills and the willingness to carry out general plant/equipment maintenance
- Food industry or high-speed packaging experience
- PLC training and experience would be an asset
- Robot experience would be an asset
- Good troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- High level of self-motivation and initiative
- Dependable with a good attendance and safety record
- Must be available to work shift work
- Must be willing to work Overtime if required.
We support and care for our employees and their families by providing:
- Competitive salaries
- Advantageous corporate agreements
- Full range of group insurance benefits
- Group retirement pension plan with employer contribution
- Purchase option of company stocks
- Group RRSP
- Health and wellness program in the workplace
- Assistance program for employees and their families
- Saputo products at a discounted price
Saputo welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations up to the point of undue hardships, are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Our story began in Canada in 1954, when the Saputo family's hard work and dedication created a thriving dairy business. More than 65 years later, our roots in this country remain strong with our Corporate Headquarters in Montréal. Today, we are a leading cheese manufacturer and fluid milk and cream processor in Canada with well-loved brands, such as Saputo, Alexis de Portneuf, Armstrong, Baxter, Dairyland, Joyya, Milk2Go, Milk2Go Sport, Neilson, Nutrilait, Scotsburn* and Woolwich Goat Dairy. Thanks to our national footprint, we're proud to bring our best to our customers and consumers, and have plenty of opportunities for our employees to grow in their own way. And we do it while also striving to build a healthier future for our people and the communities where we operate, guided by our values and the Saputo Promise. To learn more about Saputo in Canada, please click here. (http://saputo.com/en/our-products/canada-sector)
Join the Saputo Dairy Products Canada team to make your contributions matter every day!
* SCOTSBURN is a registered trademark and is used under license by Saputo Dairy Products Canada G.P.
The material contained herein is provided for informational purposes only. All open jobs offered by Saputo Inc. and all companies, corporations, partnerships, limited partnerships and other entities controlled by Saputo Inc. (collectively, “Saputo”) on Saputo's web site are subject to specific job skill requirements. The job skill requirements, qualifications, and preferred experience are determined by a Saputo subsidiary, office or department, and all positions are subject to local prevailing employment laws and restrictions. This would include immigration laws pertaining to work authorization requirements and any other applicable government permissions or compliance. The materials on this site are provided without warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to warranties regarding the accuracy or completeness of the information contained on this site or in any referenced links. While Saputo attempts to update this site on a timely basis, the information is effective only as of the time and date of posting. Strict confidentiality will be observed at all times. Saputo is an equal opportunity employer. The information on this site is for information purposes only and is not intended to be relied upon with legal consequence.
Saputo welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations may be available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.