Entourage Health Corp. (previously known as WeedMD Inc.) is the publicly traded parent company of WeedMD RX Inc. a licence holder producing and distributing cannabis products for both the medical and adult-use markets. The Company owns and operates a 158-acre state-of-the-art greenhouse, outdoor and processing facility located in Strathroy, ON as well as a fully-licensed 26,000 sq. ft. Aylmer, ON processing facility, specializing in cannabis extraction. With the addition of Starseed Medicinal, a medical-centric brand, Entourage has expanded its multi-channeled distribution strategy. Starseed’s industry-first, exclusive partnership with LiUNA, the largest construction union in Canada, along with employers and union groups complements Entourage’s direct sales to medical patients. The Company maintains strategic relationships in the seniors’ market and supply agreements with Shoppers Drug Mart as well as eight provincial distribution agencies where adult-use brands Color Cannabis and Saturday are sold.
The Extraction Supervisor, under the direction of the Extraction Manager is primarily responsible for the supervision of the extraction and production of cannabis derivatives. The position will also be responsible for properly operating and maintaining the extraction equipment and ensuring protocols are strictly followed. The Extraction Supervisor must be detail-oriented, task-focused, have good problem-solving skills and has a demonstrated ability to achieve production targets.
- Supervision of day-to-day activities in the Extraction Room
- Responsible for updating inventory of consumable goods weekly
- Planning and performing audits for inventory accuracy
- Review inventory and production records for the department
- Assist with training of new staff on extraction procedures
- Ensuring all lab samples are submitted correctly and daily
- Providing on-site technical support
- Ensuring compliance to WeedMD Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
- Responsible for ensuring maintenance of extraction standard operating procedures, equipment and premises
- Ability to work variable shifts
- Ensuring a safe work environment for extraction personnel
- Other duties as assigned.
- Two or more years of work experience in a related industry
- Postsecondary degree or diploma in chemistry, chemical or mechanical engineering, or related field an asset
- Knowledge of GPP and Cannabis Act is essential
- Previous experience or education in a mechanical or lab environment an asset
- Previous experience with extraction equipment
- Knowledge of various extraction processes
- Ability to follow strict operating procedures
- Experience working under GMP regulations
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
- Experience with operating and maintaining related machinery
- Ability to solve technical and quality issues and explain what needs to be done
- Ability to adapt to new technology
- Dedication to safety measures and best practice
- Ability to prioritize and manage conflicting demands
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
WeedMD thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected to continue in the recruitment process will be contacted.
Pursuant to the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, WeedMD will accommodate all applicants with disabilities to the point of undue hardship during the recruitment and hiring process. Accommodation will be provided upon request and in accordance with the principles of dignity, individualization, and inclusion. WeedMD will work cooperatively, and in a spirit of respect, with all partners in the accommodation process.
WeedMD is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, colour, race, citizenship, ethnic origin, place of origin, creed, disability, family status, marital status (including single status), gender identity, gender expression, receipt of public assistance (in housing only), sex (including pregnancy and breastfeeding) or sexual orientation.
Contract length: 12 months
Job Type: Contract
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Aylmer, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (required)
- Laboratory experience: 2 years (required)