Millwright - Maintenance Technician
Ingredion is currently recruiting for the position of Maintenance Technician - Mechanical. Assumes overall responsibility for performing maintenance functions, including equipment installation and repairs, new construction, service, and preventative maintenance, equipment startup, and testing, renovating and restoring, troubleshooting equipment, etc.
As the Millwright - Maintenance Technician, your responsibilities will include:
- Perform preventative and corrective maintenance on facilities equipment and machinery utilizing mechanical, hydraulic, electrical, and instrumentation skill sets.
- Repairing/replacement of fixtures, agitators, pumps, motors, and corn-handling equipment
- Cleaning and properly lubricating moving mechanical parts, recalibrating controls, and maintenance of additional systems and components as appropriate.
- The ability to measure, cut, thread, or weld to complete repairs or new installations to associated tank and piping systems
- Observe, implement and test the operation of mechanical/electrical devices using best practices for Plant safety and reliability needs.
- Maintain all specifications and production information in the central database (SAP) by completing work orders on all tasks performed, noting the nature of maintenance, timelines to complete work, and components used.
- Maintain the work area and physical environment in a neat, clean, and orderly condition (5S).
- Mentoring new employees on machinery and equipment start-up and best practices during on-boarding schedule.
- Perform any other duties as required.
The Millwright - Maintenance Technician is well-suited for you if you:
- Drive delivery of plans to support Company strategy.
- Set, prioritize and enable the achievement of ambitious goals.
- Self-directed with the ability to work with minimum supervision
- Can create value for customers through a deep understanding of customer needs.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Effective time management and the ability to handle several tasks simultaneously and effectively.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Certificate of Qualification licensed Industrial Millwright/Mechanic (433A/Red seal)
- In good standing with the College of Trades and with 2-5 years of experience in an industrial environment maintaining mechanical/electrical equipment.
- Welding with Stick/tig would be an asset
- Electrical troubling shooting
- Demonstrated troubleshooting capabilities
- Ability to work with and interpret data and drawings
- Ability to adapt to technological changes to structures
- Ability to work of varying physical demands, including extreme posture, temperature, and height.
- Ability to work 8-hour scheduled shifts in a continuous operation facility
- Ability to work overtime for work continuation needs and on-call requirements
- Good verbal and written communication skills
Relocation Available? No/ Globally / Within Region / Within Country
Job Grade: Local
If you are inspired by professional challenges and the rewards that come from a high level of performance, then Ingredion is the company for you. At Ingredion you can be a member of a globally connected team inspired to achieve great things.
We believe in the power of our people to work together to seize opportunities, overcome obstacles and exceed expectations. Each day, individuals make a meaningful difference in the quality of our products and the success of our technology and operations, and, in turn, the quality of life for consumers.
A career at Ingredion combines the benefits and professional opportunities afforded a $7 billion leader in our industry with the dynamic environment and team-driven culture you’d expect in a much smaller company. Despite its global scope and the advancement opportunities that come with it, Ingredion has the intimacy of a mid-size company, one where different perspectives are sought and where relationships matter.
Ingredion Canada Corporation provides accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If a job applicant requires accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, we will work with the applicant to meet the job applicant's accommodation needs.