WeedMD Inc. is the publicly traded parent company of WeedMD RX Inc. a licence holder producing and distributing cannabis products for both the medical and adult-use markets. The Company owns and operates a 158-acre state-of-the-art greenhouse, outdoor and processing facility located in Strathroy, ON as well as a fully licensed 26,000 sq. ft. Aylmer, ON processing facility, specializing in cannabis extraction. With the addition of Starseed Medicinal, a medical-centric brand, WeedMD has expanded its multi-channeled distribution strategy. Starseed’s industry-first, exclusive partnership with LiUNA, the largest construction union in Canada, along with employers and union groups complements WeedMD’s direct sales to medical patients. The Company maintains strategic relationships in the seniors’ market and supply agreements with Shoppers Drug Mart as well as eight provincial distribution agencies where adult-use brands Color Cannabis and Saturday Cannabis are sold. WeedMD is also the exclusive Canadian producer and distributor of award-winning U.S.-based wellness brand Mary’s Medicinals, sold in both the medical and adult-use channels.
Reporting to the Director, Operations, this position is responsible for managing the inventory control processes at all sites. Primary responsibilities include utilizing knowledge of inventory cycles to manage and control inventory levels and ensure that all requirements for incoming and outgoing orders are met. Responsibilities will include the execution of inventory management policies and procedures and ensuring the availability of all necessary materials required to support the production process, release scheduling of inbound materials and components, and ensuring adequate stock levels for production requirements.
- Supervise inventory control staff to ensure proper execution of duties in compliance with company policies and approved operating procedures.
- Manage storage capacities to move inventory to provide just in time (JIT).
- Control flow of inventory from larger storage areas into medical fulfillment vault.
- Work with inventory analyst with regards to data analysis and inventory reporting
- Manage both consumable and product inventories at the assigned sites.
- Ensure the timely and accurate entry of all inventory details within the ERP system.
- Supervise and lead the warehouse and secure storage team at the assigned site.
- Manage and execute the required cycle count and inventory control programs.
- Monitor and track KPI’s and metrics for the team.
- Liaise with site managers to review and understand production and sales forecasts to adequately plan and communicate material requirements.
- Track Inventory movement to/from the assigned site.
- Liaison with purchasing to ensure accurate inventory levels are kept and prevent stock-outs.
- Compile detailed view of inventory available / future. Highlight issues, lead corrective actions and escalate roadblocks for prompt resolution.
- Communicate and resolve discrepancies in inventory counts in collaboration with finance.
- Manage and supervise inventory control staff to ensure proper execution of duties in compliance with company policies and approved operating procedures.
- Understanding of all shipping and receiving functions and back up to shipping and receiving supervisor.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 5 years of experience working in a supply chain supervisory role in a manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated experience with inventory management and implementation of a WMS.
- Post-secondary education in Business, Engineering, Finance, or Supply Chain Management.
- APICS, ISM, SCC, CSCMP certification considered an asset.
- Demonstrated understanding of integrated supply chain and logistics concepts and theories.
- Knowledge of inventory control laws pertaining to controlled substances and publicly traded companies.
- Ability to demonstrate diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills.
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently.
- Strong writing skills for creating reports, correspondence, contracts, requests, bids, and other documentation.
- Strong Analytical skills, solutions-oriented and excellent creative problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with ERP systems (Sage preferred).
- Floor mentality is required.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Flexibility in shifts (day, afternoons, weekends)
WeedMD thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected to continue in the recruitment process will be contacted.
Pursuant to the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, WeedMD will accommodate all applicants with disabilities to the point of undue hardship during the recruitment and hiring process. Accommodation will be provided upon request and in accordance with the principles of dignity, individualization, and inclusion. WeedMD will work cooperatively, and in a spirit of respect, with all partners in the accommodation process.
WeedMD is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, colour, race, citizenship, ethnic origin, place of origin, creed, disability, family status, marital status (including single status), gender identity, gender expression, receipt of public assistance (in housing only), sex (including pregnancy and breastfeeding) or sexual orientation.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Store discount
- Vision care
- Wellness program