The Procurement Manager (PM) is a motivated, result-oriented, highly organized, and personable individual who has good experience in purchasing and inventory management. The PM develops and implements procurement policies in coordination with the VP of Apex, supervises purchasing team employees, and organizes the company's purchasing activities. In addition, the PM maintains an effective, reliable supply chain and makes sure the production team has the supplies and materials they need in order to run smoothly. The PM is a team player and a vital member of Apex Fabrication. Organization and communication are critical factors for working with multiple departments to manage inventory and supply chain and consequently keep our external and internal customers happy.
Reporting to: Vice President
We expect that the PM will work within a team environment and be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Develop procurement strategies for increasing supply chain efficiency, minimizing inventory costs and improving service level.
- Strategize and negotiate with suppliers and vendors to acquire the most cost-effective deals and reduce procurement expenses.
- Process vendors' invoices and Make payments to vendors before the invoice maturity date to keep the accounts in good standing all the time.
- Build and maintain long-term relationships with vendors and suppliers.
- Source and engage reliable suppliers and vendors.
- Oversee and use the ERP systems that track shipments, receiving, inventory, and the supply of goods.
- Supervise and manage the purchasing and warehouse teams.
- Manage an efficient flow of goods to ensure optimum production.
- Review BOMs for new projects provided by the Sales department for types and Leadtime of materials specified and quoted and make sure they are prepared by the planned shipping date.
- Continually track material costs and changes with suppliers.
- Prepare purchase orders throughout the project timeline as required.
- Ensure efficient management of the inventory to minimize inventory costs, backorder and lost sales ratios.
- Implement a systematic approach to ensure the accuracy of inventory reports.
- monitor inventory level for each of the items and get them ordered when needed. (Min-Max planning).
- Use historical data to indicate possible seasonality and calculate the optimum Min-Max levels.
- Work closely with other departments as a team and assist with fulfilling all possible procurement needs throughout the process of each project.
- Bachelor's degree or certificate in supply chain management, logistics, or business administration.
- Proven experience managing Inventory and supply chain operations.
- Experience using ERP systems/supply chain management software and tools.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access).
- Strong management and leadership skills.
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Motivated to serve and contribute to a positive team environment.
- Able to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Strong organizational and communication skills for people and information.
- Knowledge in the sprinkler and fire protection industry is an asset.
- Previous experience in JIT Inventory Management is an asset.
Job Offline: This posting is currently not accepting applications.