Human Resources Generalist
Location: Tillsonburg, ON - South Division
Why Join Marwood
Who We are:
- Marwood International Inc. is a full service, award-winning, Tier I and 2 automotive OEM structural components and modular assembly supplier, that focuses on waste elimination and light-weighting initiatives from prototypes to full volume products to end of life service parts throughout Canada, US and Japan.
- Marwood is also a well-established Canadian owned manufacturing company with 30+ years in the industry!
- We are community oriented, and focused on health and wellness.
We are happy to have you join our team!
- Competitive Pay plus premiums
- GREAT benefits and Perks: dental, medical and vision coverage, as well as outstanding pension plan and more
- Also, company provided uniforms!
Apply today to speak with our recruiter!
Your Role and Responsibilities
The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for providing Human Resources (HR) and Health Safety & Environmental (HS&E) support to managers and employees to meet Divisional and Corporate objectives. The incumbent will be responsible for HR and other related areas as applicable.
The position will support the Plant Manager with all transactional HR and HSE related functions and will very closely with the Director of Human Resources and the Corporate Health Safety and Environmental Manager and other members of the Management Team.
- Act as a liaison between Corporate HR, HS&E and the employees.
- Assist with the discipline and investigations, incident or termination meeting; working with Plant Manager and Supervisors to provide coaching and when necessary implement disciplinary measures.
- Conduct full cycle recruitment for hourly and skill trade positions and responsible for manpower utilization.
- Facilitate training and development programs and maintain training records.
- Ensure Corporate policies and procedures are followed.
- Respond to internal HR and HS&E related inquiries from employees, department/plant managers.
- Responsible for administrative duties such as file maintenance, training record maintenance, and time/attendance maintenance.
- Maintain current knowledge of all related Company policies and employment legislations (i.e., Human Rights Act, Employment Standards, Labour Relations Act, Occupational Health & Safety Act, Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, AODA) and enforce adherence to requirements; advising managers / supervisors on needed basis.
- Assist with employee benefits and answering all related inquiries to supervisors and hourly employees.
- Participate in employee performance programs, ensure performance KPI's are up-to-date.
- Support employee engagement initiatives and retention through HR best practices, provided through Corporate.
- Assist in the implementation of HR programs as provided through Corporate at the assigned plant locations.
- Create safety reports and provide support with RTW WSIB claims.
- Conduct Hazard Identification, coordinate and develop emergency procedure plans.
- Other responsibilities and accountabilities as assigned.
- A minimum of three years' experience in a Human Resources capacity and Health and Safety
- College Diploma/Certificate in Human Resources Administration or equivalent
- Experience working with relevant legislation (Employment Standards Act, the Human Rights Code, etc.)
Additional Technical and Professional Requirements:
- CHRP designation or commitment to complete CHRP designation an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Effective listening skills
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and use discretionary skills
- Ability to multi-task, problem-solve and interact positively with internal and external customers
We are committed to giving people with disabilities an equal opportunity to provide feedback, and access any information they may need. Please advise if you require accommodation.
We would like to thank all candidates for expressing interest however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Pre-employment screening will be required.
For more information, please visit our website: www.marwoodinternational.com