Human Resources Coordinator
Position Type: Contract
Location: London, Ontario
Experience: 2-3 years minimum
Education: Diploma/Degree in Human Resources
Human Resources Coordinator
Starlim North America is a global leader in the manufacturing of silicone parts specializing in custom Liquid Silicone Rubber moulding for health care and automotive industries.
Located in London since 2004, our Austrian mother company has been expanding world-wide since 1974. Our proprietary, fully automated, world-class technologies and high quality products, combined with creative, continuous improvement and lean manufacturing technologies allow us to deliver high quality products.
Responsible for performing a variety of routine to difficult clerical duties in a highly confidential and customer focused environment to assist in the day-to-day operation of the Human Resources Department.
We require a Human Resources Coordinator who will be responsible for:
- Assist in the development of policy, procedure and program development, implementation, maintenance & evaluation of its effectiveness
- Assist in recruitment, selection, and termination process
- Coordinate employee on boarding process
- Administer payroll and benefit plan
- Employee relations (engagement, discipline, attendance etc.)
- Provide HR related support to supervisors and managers
- Administration of corporate training and development
- Keeping updated on all legislative changes, recommending new health and safety programs to encompass new directives
- Administer the employee recognition program
- Coordinate paid co-op placements, internships etc. for potential employment
- Assist in the social activity planning and execution of company employee events
- Maintains employee files and HR department filing. Professionally manage confidential employee information and employee files
- Assist in the relocation of expatriates
- Research and prepare occupational classifications, job descriptions, salary scales
- Managing internal and external postings, screening Candidate resumes, preparing interview materials, coordinating interviews, participating in interview processes as required, reference checking
- Identify training opportunities; coordinate and facilitate training sessions; maintain training records
- Preparing employment offers, employment verification letters , memos, meeting minutes and managing new hire documentation, updating time sheets, overseeing employee change of status reporting, etc.
- Ensures all benefit enrollment forms for eligible employees are initiated, completed and remitted within the assigned timelines. Acts as first point of contact for employees regarding benefit questions
- Establishment, implementation and maintenance of a Health and Safety system according to Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Provide training to all staff according to established Health & Safety and Environmental Procedures. Ensure employees are compliant with all H&S requirements
- Participation in the company’s Joint Health and Safety Committee
- Workplace audits, manage incident reports, investigations, WSIB claims management, return to work programs, JHSC meetings
- Responsible for fire alarm system and sprinkler system
- Special projects and departmental tasks as assigned
- Support Environmental, Health & Safety initiatives throughout the facility, ensuring safety, housekeeping and quality standards are maintained
Do you have:
- Post Secondary education with a Diploma/Degree in Human Resources
- Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) designation, or in progress
- Certification in JHSC would be an asset
- Strong knowledge of all applicable federal and provincial legislation, Human Rights Legislation, Health and Safety, WSIB etc.
- Professional Experience : 2-3 years of relevant human resource experience
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment
Successful candidate will also have:
- The ability to work as a part of a team, successfully coordinating with team members from various departments.
- Well-developed event planning, customer service and teamwork skills.
- Excellent oral and written communications and ability to interact professionally with individuals at all levels throughout the organization.
- Ability to communicate effectively on sensitive issues in a busy environment.
- Proficient in MS Office, including Word, Excel, Outlook, HRIS; ability to prepare spreadsheets and analyze data.
- Strong interpersonal skills and detail oriented mindset, with ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Ability to adapt to change and perform efficiently in a fast-paced work environment.
- A strong work ethic, solid time management and organizational skills.
- The availability to work hours that may exceed 8 hours per day and/or 40 hours per week during peak periods.
- This position requires the candidate to work exclusively in-office.
If you have the required qualifications and would like to work in a growing, high tech, continuous improvement environment, please submit your cover letter and resume using the link provided.
Starlim is an equal employment opportunity employer and offer a competitive salary and benefit package.
Candidates must be legally employable in Canada to be considered for employment.
Starlim North America is committed to providing accommodations. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted, please no recruiters.
Apply for This Job