Business Process Manager
Job Function: Supply
Primary Location: Canada-Ontario-London-London Brewery
Job Type: Permanent
Posting Date: Jan 19, 2021
About the Company For more than 160 years, Labatt has created enduring bonds with consumers as they share memorable experiences while enjoying iconic brands like Alexander Keith’s, Labatt Blue, Budweiser and Stella Artois.
Labatt employees share the dream of becoming the best, most profitable beer company in a better world with their Anheuser-Busch InBev colleagues worldwide. From Newfoundland to British Columbia, Labatt’s 3,000 employees brew about 60 local and world-known beers. Anheuser-Busch InBev is the leading global brewer, managing a portfolio of more than 200 brands.
Labatt is one of Canada’s most recognized brands and most respected corporations. We take responsibility for improving the world where we do business, and together we find ways of putting social responsibility into action. We’re also committed to building a company for the long-term with a legacy to be proud of – for the people who work for us and with us; for future generations and the environment; and above all for our consumers.
- Lead a team of 15-20 unionized employees to optimize production efficiency
- Develop and monitor production plans, inventories, and coordinate activities to meet schedules and target objectives
- Manage strategic plan for manpower and training for the department
- Improve operations by identifying opportunities and proposing solutions utilizing management system tools and methodologies to ensure key performance indicators and targets are achieved or exceeded
- Execution of health and safety programs, and enforce critical aspects of safety and quality involved in brewing/ beer operations
- Professionally manage the relationship with union members
- Manages department financial results and inventories and track via SAP
- Creation and Implementation of tools and process resources to improve quality, safety, efficiency, etc.
- Training and coaching of workforce where required
- Responsible to achieve supply of beer with correct volume, brand on time and within quality specifications to the packaging department
- University degree in Engineering or Science
- Brewing qualification considered an asset (Exams from the Institute and Guild of Brewing)
- Willingness to work rotating shifts 1- 3 years experience as a supervisor in a unionized production department
- Must have basic mechanical aptitude or knowledge of brewing equipment and process
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office: Word, Excel & Powerpoint
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Preference towards individuals with experience in implementation of continuous improvement tools and processes
- Strong organization skills with the ability to prioritize and work in a fast-paced environment