London Hospital Linen Service – London, Ontario
About London Hospital Linen Services
For more than 50 years, London Hospital Linen Service (LHLS) has been supporting the needs of hospitals, community healthcare clinics and long-term care facilities in Southwestern, Ontario. We’re committed to bringing dignity, self-sufficiency, and good health to our community and those we work with. Through innovation, attention to detail and passion to support healthcare, LHLS makes a difference so you have make a difference too.
What LHLS Has to Offer:
- Starting wages of $17.17 hourly + $0.50 hourly department premiums, with a competitive incremental increase plan
- A full time, permanent opportunity in an industry with great job security
- Health Benefits including dental, vision and a health spending account
- Employer paid Pension Program
- One-on-one training program for new employees
- A diverse and inclusive work culture
- Annual Safety Shoe Allowance
- Overtime pay after 8 hours in a day or 40 hours in a week
- Competitive vacation package – 2-6 weeks of paid time off, based on years of service
- 2 extra half days off during the holiday season
- Career opportunities – We support our employees professional development and continued growth
Come join our organization where you can feel valued for what you do and leave meaningful impact on your community.
- 1 x Days – 6:30AM to 3:00PM – Tuesday to Friday + Saturday – 9:00AM to 5:30PM
- 1 x Afternoons – 3:30PM to 12:00AM – Tuesday to Friday + Saturday (9:00AM to 5:30PM)
The Cart Make Up position involves reviewing a customer order list, collecting the accurate amounts of inventory from the storage bays, and loading and prepping the carts for shipping. You must become familiar with all the linens. Picking orders could involve some basic mathematics and will require you to be continuously walking for a 8-10 hour shift.
- Load finished linen from conveyor belts into storage bays
- Review customer order sheeting
- Pick inventory from the storage bays and load them into carts
- Accurately count all inventory on customer carts
- Prep carts for shipping
- Great track record of attendance
- Availability for full-time hours and mandatory overtime
- Ability to push linen carts, continuously walk for 8-10 shifts
- Basic mathematics (i.e. Subtraction and addition)
- 1-2 professional reference
- *No previous experience is required-- If you’re willing to learn, we’re willing to teach you
- Warehousing, Order Picking, basic Inventory Control or Merchandising experience
If you’re interested in pursuing an Order Picking position with London Hospital Linen Services, please send your resume to: email@example.com.
London Hospital Linen Service is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. LHLS provides accommodation for persons with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Inquires can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org.