As one of Ontario’s established integrated construction services companies, the John Aarts Group Ltd., which includes J-AAR Excavating, AAROC Aggregates, AAROC Equipment, Concrete Forming (1980) and Dutch Brothers Ready Mix is proud to have participated in the growth and development of Southwestern Ontario.
We are seeking a Lube Truck Technician who is aspiring to reach their potential in the trade of equipment repair and maintenance. AAROC Equipment is part of the John Aarts Group responsible for repairing and maintaining vehicles, trucks and heavy equipment in support of our aggregate, concrete, asphalt and heavy civil divisions.
While performing maintenance on trucks and heavy equipment you will be regularly traveling to off-site locations where work may be completed outdoors. Day/afternoon shifts, Saturday and Sunday required, choice of weekday shift.
How you will make an IMPACT
- Follow service procedures, including changing oil, fuel air filters, checking/correcting and replacing drive train fluids
- Grease equipment components
- Perform minor adjusts and repairs within one’s capabilities
- Oil sample monitoring
- Adhere to workplace safety policies, regulations and compliances
- Communicate any unsafe conditions or accidents/injuries in a timely manner to the supervisor in order to facilitate prompt correction or reporting
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service
- Accurate completion of work orders and timecards
- Clean, lubricate and perform other maintenance work
- Keep detailed and accurate maintenance reports and documentation
- Other duties as assigned
How you WOW us
- Class A driver's license with clean abstract
- Display a mechanical aptitude
- Willingness to learn and advance ones knowledge
- Experience with routine maintenance
- Ability to read service instructions and keep accurate records
- Basic Computers skills
- Reliable and punctual
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated commitment to Health & Safety
- Capable of working alone with minimal supervision
- Ability to work well in a team environment with a positive attitude
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
How we TAKE CARE of our PEOPLE
- Great team and work environment
- Apprenticeship opportunities
- Training provided
- Career advancement opportunities
- Referral bonuses
- A team member focused culture with a common objective of finding out what we are capable of and reaching our potential
- We Celebrate our Achievements: holiday parties, BBQs, fishing derby, sporting event tickets, golf days, and so much more!
- Teamster union member after completion of probationary period, as part of the union agreement you will be included in:
- RRSP participation
- Boot and tool allowance as per agreement
- Vacation pay
Apply: John Aarts Group | Employment Opportunities
Visit us at: www.johnaartsgroup.com
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
John Aarts Group Ltd. welcomes all applicants and is committed to a diverse workforce. If you require accommodation, please contact the Human Resources Department.