Plant Operations Supervisor - Sanitation (2nd shift)
Job ID 155978
Date posted 10/11/2021
Location : London, Canada
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Plant Operations Supervisor - Sanitation will provide strategic operational oversight for all production operating facilities with moderate presence in multiple regions or moderate degree of complexity. In this role, you will oversee and hold operating facilities accountable to standards for safety, quality, operational effectiveness and financial performance.
- Execute routine operations of the sanitation department, ensuring direct reports are following policies and procedures related to employee, food and feed safety and environmental compliance.
- Monitor production outcomes, quantity, and quality to ensure customer and food safety requirements are within specifications.
- Partner with production supervisors to meet customer specifications and timeline.
- Administer production budget for a department, process, or shift and executes purchase orders and ensures timely payment of invoices
- Develop operational plans and monitors routine operations for all production processes for multiple departments, processes and shifts.
- Develop, supervise and provide coaching to direct reports including coaching company core values and guiding principles for assigned facilities or region.
- Responsible for personnel decisions related to hiring, performance and disciplinary actions for your direct reports. You will also spend time completing the same tasks as employees on your team.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in a related field OR equivalent experience
- Minimum one year of directly related work experience in sanitation
- Ability to work a manufacturing environment
- Ability to work around live animals, dander, dust, and feathers
- Ability to work in hot or cold temperatures
- Ability to work > 50 hours a week, flexible hours
- Must be legally entitled to work for Canada
- Minimum of three years of supervisory experience
- Experience in the poultry industry
- Post-secondary degree in Animal Science, Poultry Science or Operations Management
Relocation assistance is not provided for this position.
Cargill is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing accommodation to our job applicants with disabilities.