|Maintenance Technician - London, Ontario
High Park Company is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Tilray, a global leader in cannabis cultivation, processing, and distribution. Tilray serves patients in Canada and around the world with a diverse range of pharmaceutical-grade medical cannabis products as High Park Company focuses on creating distinctive products for adult Canadian consumers.
About High Park Company
High Park Company was established to develop, sell, and distribute inspiring and iconic adult-use cannabis brands.
Tilray is a global pioneer in cannabis research, cultivation, processing and distribution currently serving tens of thousands of patients in ten countries spanning five continents.
Looking to develop your career at the forefront of a rapidly expanding industry?
|The Maintenance Technician, reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, is responsible for all maintenance tasks including but limited to: basic plumbing/piping, painting, drywall repair, flooring repair, landscaping, assist in machine maintenance, grow supports, gutters, irrigation, drains, roof leaks, duct leaks, "handy" work, and general site improvements.
ROLE AND RESONSIBILITIES
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Ensuring completion and documentation of all tasks assigned by the Maintenance Supervisor
- Preventative and Reactive maintenance of building components and equipment
- Assisting skilled trades when required
- Carpentry, general repairs, and upgrades.
- Repair, replacement, installation and general maintenance of various facilities equipment.
- Manual labour including some heavy lifting, working from ladders, and outdoor tasks.
- Other tasks duties as assigned by the Maintenance supervisor.
- Assist 3rd party contractors while onsite
- Assisting red seal techs with electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, compressed gas, plumbing installations and maintenance
- Working with engineers on design and set up of production lines
- Ability to deduct/troubleshoot and resolve manufacturing issues under pressure
- Must be able to multitask
- Be able to follow safety procedures and identify areas of concern. Reporting these issues to the supervisor
- Understand PM’s and the importance of these.
- Able to work unsupervised
- Able to communicate the needs of different departments to supervisors/managers clearly
- Must have High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must be physically fit and able to perform strenuous task including working overhead.
- Must have a minimum of 3- years in a related field as well as working in a fast-paced environment.
- Tool usage and power tool usage an asset.
- Proven ability to effectively use Microsoft Office Applications
- Must have the ability to obtain A/RPIC status as per Health Canada Marihuana for Medical Purposes Regulations
- Must be available to work on Day/Afternoon/night/weekend Shifts.
High Park welcomes applications from all qualified individuals and is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace. In an effort to coordinate services, High Park Farms has partnered with Lambton College Community
Employment Services for the pre-screening process. All Information shared will remain confidential. If you do not wish to have your information shared please note that on your application.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please advise when submitting your application.
Please note that High Park does not authorize, engage, or sponsor any consultants, agencies or organizations that seek certain personal or financial information from you (e.g. passwords, login ids, credit card information). High Park does not charge any application, processing or onboarding fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process.
When replying to emails, please ensure the sender name and email address match exactly. Please also ensure the Reply-To address matches the sending address exactly.
If you are concerned about the authenticity of an email, letter, or call purportedly from, for, or on behalf of High Park, please send an email inquiry to email@example.com
Paste your job description here (CTRL + V).
You may also clone a job description from any job in Newton. To do this, visit any job and click the Info button immediately to the left of the job title.