Cargill's North America protein business produces fresh, frozen and cooked beef, turkey, pork, chicken and egg protein offerings, sauces, soups, case ready products, pet treats and by-products for our retail, foodservice and food ingredient customers.
Cargill Protein focuses on product quality, employee safety, food safety, animal wellbeing, environmental impact, improved sustainability and community engagement as it strives to nourish the world in a safe, responsible and sustainable way. Cargill Protein has a diverse 28,000-member team and operates approximately 60 protein primary and further processing facilities, distribution centers, feed mills, hatcheries, and an innovation center in the U.S. and Canada, in addition to maintaining international sales offices. Canada is home to 10 of these facilities and includes over 5500 stakeholders.
As a Licensed Millwright you are responsible for daily completion of production processes within a work area, operational department, operational support area, or technical domain. You need to ensure that areas of responsibilities meet BU/Plant standards for safety, quality, efficiency and financial performance.
Perform general maintenance work to install and maintain process equipment and structures, has a basic knowledge of and ability to complete welding, pipe fitting, pump work, machinery, heating and plumbing, etc. This work requires knowledge of various trade fundamentals sufficient to dealing with general repair work.
Perform tasks by applying skills and knowledge of one or more products, processes, areas or machines. Have a thorough understanding of the process, work flow and works on assignments where judgment is required to resolve problems and make recommendations.
- Operate motorized vehicles with components used to move or lift products, equipment, or materials within and amongst destinations (warehouses, storage yards, plant factories, railroad stations, offices, etc.)
- Comply with corporate policies and procedures related to Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) and Food Safety, Quality and Regulatory (FSQR)
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Cargill requires that employees be a minimum of 18 years old
- Must be legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada
- perform physical job duties such as bending, lifting up to 50lbs, kneeling, climbing, crawling, and twisting, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Ability to work in varied indoor and outdoor conditions which may include heat, cold, dust, loud noise, etc., with the use of personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- Ability to work overtime including weekends, holidays, or different shifts with advance notice
- Possession of Millwright License
- Forklift certified
- Basic computer use and typing skills
- Prior experience in production related work
- Ability to work in elevated areas (4 feet and above)
- Ability to perform maintenance trades including electrical, machinist, welding, pipe fitting, and fabrication, rigging systems, gearbox and bearing, maintenance, lubrication, pumps and piping systems
- Previous experience with MRO (Maintenance Repair Ops) and/or MRP (Material Requirement Planning)
- Self-starter with ability to work effectively and lead within a team environment
- Basic knowledge of industrial safety, food safety and environmental regulations with absolute commitment to safety
- Strong problem solving skills, good written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of the Maintenance Reliability process (predictive and preventative maintenance) and Predictive Technologies
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Automation control, boiler and steam systems training and experience
- Welding certification and/or other trade experience
- Ability to read blueprints and layout drawings
This Full Time - Straight Nights Shift position is located in London, Ontario; however please expect receiving calls from a 204 area code in case you are considered. Relocation assistance is not provided.