Magna is an innovative leader in the development and manufacturing of high quality complete seating systems. Our solution includes seating structures, mechanisms and hardware, as well as foam and trim products for global automotive, heavy truck and bus industries. Our capabilities include market and consumer research; full concept development; design and engineering capabilities; testing, validation and world-class manufacturing. Our award-winning seating solutions are developed from consumer research, finding the ease of operation to be comfortable, convenient and connected.
Reporting to the Production Supervisor, the Auxiliary Production Associate, is responsible for, but not limited to, performing all required assembly operations in the line rotation at line speed while producing good quality parts to meet and or exceed all QSS and customer requirements. Also performs all required repairs to components and seats.
- Responsible for maintaining safe working conditions and following all Safety Rules at QSS. Follows all Plant Standards, and ensures compliance to the QSS employee handbook along with all QSS policies and procedures. Responsible to ensure they are aware of the correct and safe way to operate their equipment and complies with Company standards on the use of personal protective equipment. Responsible for recognizing and rectifying unsafe working conditions and maintains excellent housekeeping (5S) at QSS
- Ensure that all production departmental objectives and activities participated in at QSS are aligned to the Magna Employee Charter and Magna Corporate Constitution
- Adheres to Technical System Procedures, Quality instructions and compliance to all QSS policies and procedures
- Responsible to perform all duties assigned relative to the assembly of Headliners
- Responsible for completing job tasks within the cycle time allotted to each task
- Sequencing of parts, inspection, basic reading and writing
- Standing, walking, use of hands, lifting 15 pounds regularly
- Continuous improvement activities
- Performs inspection and repair as required ensuring that all production meets customer standards
- Other projects and duties as assigned
- Successful Completion of grade 12
- Able to perform all Sequencer operations in the line rotation at line speed while upholding quality standards and performs all required repairs to components
- Good organizational skills, ability to work independently and on a team
- Ability to read and write English
- An energetic and diligent work ethic
- Good understanding of QSS assembly operations
- MUST be willing to work all shifts
- Must be 18 years of age
Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.