Junior Project Manager
The Project Manager (PM) role is a challenging, dynamic, customer-facing role that is central to the Municipal project business. The PM is responsible for the design and delivery of multiple projects to meet customer requirements and corporate objectives. This position is embedded in one of Trojan’s Project Engineering teams and will be key in aiding in the execution of several large projects and/or programs.
Working closely with a senior PM, the PM will engage with a cross-functional team to define and track customer contractual deliverables and generate, organize and manage customer facing documents, work packages and reports such as schedule, budget, shop drawing submittals as may be required. The PM will monitor and report project status to plan, ensuring stakeholders are consulted and informed on status as required. The PM ensures customer satisfaction throughout the project lifecycle.
- Responsible for organizing, tracking and reporting on Project deliverables following Trojan Project Lifecycle processes in combination with customer Contractual requirements
- Reviews contracts and technical specifications; ensures that performance, cost, and quality objectives are met; works with Service in timely project close out of customer contracts
- Tracks customer purchase orders and change orders to ensure accurate financial records are maintained and invoices are issued promptly
- Solves technical problems, evaluating systems and or processes to determine root cause and implement corrective actions as required, engaging subject matter experts as needed
- Provides accurate and timely communication of issues, risks, and corrective actions to keep projects on track
- Integrates activities and cross-functional resources, including third parties, as required to support project delivery and start-up and commissioning related activities
- Provides professional customer service, negotiating and resolving issues with customers and external stakeholders through all phases of the project to ensure customer satisfaction
- Interface with engineer and customer on project initiation and during submittal review phase, ensuring all documents are approved and in place to support the project build, ship and payment cycles.
Measures of Performance
- On time delivery of project work packages
- On budget delivery of projects
- Quality of project and processes according to corporate standards (KPI’s and ISO)
- Ensure all designs are thorough and complete in accordance with Contractual requirements.
- Obtain customer input and approval to meet schedule, minimizing risk and exposure for Trojan.
Critical Competencies / Leadership Anchors:
- QUALITY FIRST: The ability to plan and execute work that is accurate, complete, timely, and reliable. Integrity is never compromised.
- CUSTOMER FOCUSED - Builds and sustains positive and collaborative relationships with customers (internal and external).
- DETAIL ORIENTED: The ability to develop strategies, create practical work plans, execute those plans to achieve the stated strategies with guidance from a senior PM.
- SENSE OF URGENCY: A bias for taking action - spontaneous recognition of problems and opportunities, driving continuous improvements.
- RESULTS ORIENTED: The ability and drive to achieve results and goals in the short and long term.
- Project management experience
- Three to five years of relevant work experience would be an asset
- Experience in the construction or contracting industries would be an asset
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings (mechanical, electrical, P&ID) and customer contracts
- Ability to create and manage contract deliverables lists in support of the project or program
- Highly organized and detail oriented with outstanding communication skills (written and verbal)
- A self-starter, able to take initiative and work, learn independently
What makes this opportunity great? Let us tell you...
- You help us ensuring water quality for people around the world!
- You work in a collaborative culture that values a diverse set of backgrounds and perspectives while emphasizing teamwork and a good sense of partnership
- Our team of associates is passionate about achieving great results for our customers
- Ability to fully use your breadth and depth of experience; no pigeonhole here!
- And there is a lot of great work happening; it is always busy!
Diversity & Inclusion
At Danaher, we are dedicated to building and sustaining a truly diverse and inclusive culture. These are not just words on a page—Diversity and Inclusion is a top priority for the company, and it ties deeply to each of our core values.
At Danaher, we’re driven by a sense of wonder for what we can create—and what we can become. Here, you’ll accelerate your career while driving innovation that improves lives. You’ll work hard and take risks, with guidance from committed leaders, powerful DBS tools, and the support of a global organization.
If you’d like to learn more, read stories from our associates on our Careers Blog or reach out to one of our recruiters.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The “EEO is the Law” poster is available here.