Data and Analytics Engineer
As a key player of the Global Digital and Analytics Team, the Data and Analytics Engineer will help continue building out and maintaining ChemTreat’s enterprise digital platform. This role combines a blend of data engineering with an aptitude for platform/system architecture & advanced analytics / business intelligence, to ensure our portfolio of digital products evolve at the speed of our internal and external consumers.
You are obsessed with how to convert operational, ERP, and IoT data into information and knowledge that supports and enhances decision making processes. You are results oriented and play well with others. You have expertise on converting multi-mode raw data streams into solutions that drive business insight through advance analytics and BI applications. You take data integrity personally. You embody integrity, energy, the ability to energize others, the edge to make decisions, and the ability and resilience to consistently deliver results.
The Data and Analytics Engineer is responsible for the development of reporting and analytics solutions for the company that reflect business needs and requirements, identifying and understanding appropriate data sources, developing data warehouse schemas (relational and non-relational), and security mechanisms.
- High-level of technical competence.
Focus is on cloud based digital platforms that use data from multiple internal and external sources (e.g. ERPs, business applications, APIs, IoT, etc.) as raw material for a continuously evolving portfolio of digital products (e.g. API store, customer portal, BI, Analytics, etc.).
- Excellent analytic skills.
Ability to capture relevant information from conversations with stakeholders and/or identify gaps independently; and ability to break down complex business cases into discrete steps and/or the concrete tasks necessary to solve problems.
- Business acumen.
Ability to obtain or infer essential information about a situation, focus on the key objectives, recognize the feasible options, suggests an appropriate course of action and implement a plan to execute approved solutions including buy-in from stakeholders.
- Driven to take initiatives.
They seek innovative solutions to business problems and act proactively and with urgency to address them. When faced with a challenge or opportunity, they take ownership and do what it takes to deliver what is needed to achieve business goals.
- Customer focused.
They take a personal interest in and have a passion for meeting customers’ needs. This means being fully available to customers and becoming and advocate for customer issues within the organization. This also means that while responding to immediate needs we build solutions that would serve current and future customers and customer’s needs.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
They initiate and maintain partnerships within the team and across the business, building trust and cooperating to deliver solutions efficiently and effectively. When interacting, they practice effective listening, speaking, and writing skills; clearly articulating the needs of the business and defined solutions.
- Ability to thrive in an environment of continuous change, always identifying opportunities and selling their ideas.
Able to have constructive and sometimes difficult discussions with internal customers and vendors. Accepts constructive criticism freely without becoming discouraged.
- Must have project management skills.
They understand how to effectively setup and manage projects. Develop detailed project requests including detailed project objectives, success criteria, and requirements. Present project requests to IT and represent business partners in the project portfolio prioritization process.
- Development of ELT data and analytics pipelines from/to the full spectrum of systems in ChemTreat’s enterprise digital platform, including ERPs, business applications, APIS, IoT, PLCs, etc.
- Capture business, technical and operational requirements and create / communicate digital solutions options (e.g. BI, Analytics, APIs, etc.).
- Engineering digital products for a variety of operations analytics use cases, ranging from reporting and data visualization to advanced analytics/machine learning use cases
- Supports designing technical specifications & data transformation models for junior developers
- Ensures developments is on track and meets specifications as defined by product management and the business
- Responsible for data integrity of current platform and DEV/QA of new releases
- Supports the development and maintenance of backlog items and solution feature; participates in sprint planning activities from a development perspective
- Developing data lake repositories, data warehouse & data mart structures (e.g. star schemas, OLAP cubes, etc.), ELT processes, and performing DBA operations on relational and non-relational databases.
- Develop and implement BI/Analytics solutions (e.g. Interactive reports, visualizations, dashboards, scorecards, standard and ad-hoc reports, etc.) that support a variety of business operations.
- Review database architectures and designs to ensure compliance with corporate objectives for data integrity, quality, performance, management, scalability, reliability, and security.
- Develop quality control metrics, and the accuracy of data standards and consistency to support deployment of solutions into production.
- Responsible for prototyping solutions, preparing test scripts, and conducting tests and for data replication, extraction, loading, cleansing, and data modeling for data warehouses and data marts
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Information Science, Computer Science, Analytics, or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in platform engineering, ETL/data modeling, analytics engineering development, Data Warehousing, Data Marts, and Business Intelligence (BI).
- Demonstrated experience with data engineering for advanced analytics/data science use cases
- Experience in Microsoft environments (e.g. Azure, D365, Power BI, SQL, SSIS, Windows Server, etc.)
- Experience with cloud-based data architecture and tool stacks; AWS stack experience a plus
- Expert level SQL
- Experience with Python data science and data engineering libraries; Proven track record dealing with structured and unstructured data
- Experience working with a variety of database types (SQL/NoSQL, columnar, object-oriented) and diverse data formats
- Experience doing ELT with and building data pipelines/orchestrations in Talend a plus.
- Software development skills; familiarity with DevOps toolchain and CICD (e.g. Jenkins, Atlassian, etc.)
- Experience with Erwin.
- Exposure to graph databases (e.g. NEO4J)
- Proven track record of leading data integrity/QA, with an exceptional attention to detail
- Proven ability to speak both business and technology, and effectively liaison with international interdisciplinary teams
- Experience with Master Data Management, Data Governance, and Data Integration.
- Spanish and/or Portuguese are highly desirable.
- Up to 10% travel.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The “EEO is the Law” poster is available here.