This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Jan 06, 2021
||High School Diploma
NEW YEAR, NEW CAREER!
London Hospital Linen Service (LHLS) is currently accepting applications for dedicated, quality oriented production floor candidates to work processing linens at our London facility. We are an essential service, and a leading, not-for-profit linen processing corporation. LHLS is southwestern Ontario’s premier laundry facility providing clean, fresh linen to support our partners in their mission of care.
We serve major hospitals, community health centres, and long-term care communities from Goderich to Simcoe, and Windsor to Cambridge, shipping over 11 million kilograms of linen each year.
Why Should You Work for LHLS?
* This is a unionized position therefore, wage increases are set at various hours worked intervals as per the collective agreement.
There are shift premiums for both Full-Time and Part-Time roles for working the Afternoon Shift.
- Permanent Full-Time positions: $16.50—$19.87 per hour.
- Full-Time: Afternoons— $0.65/hour
- Full-Time: Midnight— $0.85/hour
- Full-Time: Saturday / Sunday— $0.70 /hour
- Benefits coverage is provided to Full-Time employees after 3 calendar months.
- Employee Assistance Program for all employees
- All employees will be enrolled in a company paid pension plan upon hire
OR (1 Full-Time position available)
Shift: Monday—Friday Afternoon shift - Hours: 3:45pm-12:15am
Primary Responsibilities are to ensure the efficient and accurate inspection and folding of all linen for pack preparation (building orders) for sterilization of all linen used in the operating room o four health care customers.
• Inspect linen to ensure quality
- Career advancement and cross training opportunities
- Paid training
- Flexible work schedule
- Free parking onsite
- On bus routes
- Uniform provided
• Folding linen
• Computer use including data entry
• Building Packs of required linen for hospital Operating Room use
SOIL SORT (1 Full-Time position available)
Shift: Monday—Friday Afternoon shift - Hours: 3:15pm-11:45pm (shift premium for working Afternoons, and additional shift premium for working in this department)
Primary Responsibilities are to ensure the efficient and accurate sorting of linen to prepare for wash.
DRYFOLD (1 Permanent and 1 Temporary Full-Time position available)
Permanent Full-time Shift: Monday—Friday Afternoon shift -Hours: 3:30pm-12:00am
Temporary Full-time Shift: Tuesday—Saturday Afternoon shift - Hours: Tuesday—Friday: 3:45pm-12:15am, Saturday: 9:15am-5:45pm
Primary Responsibilities are to inspect and fold linen by either manual fold or Dryfold machine.
- Opening bags of soiled linen and sorting
- Work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to handle strong odours
- Work in a team
CART MAKE UP (2 Permanent and 2 Temporary Full-Time position available)
Permanent Full-time Shift: Monday—Friday Afternoon shift -Hours: 3:45pm-12:15am
Permanent Full-time Shift: Tuesday—Saturday Afternoon shift - Hours: Tuesday—Friday: 3:45pm-12:15am, Saturday: 9:15am-5:45pm
Temporary Full-time Shift: Tuesday—Saturday Day shift - Hours: Tuesday—Friday: 6:45am-3:15pm, Saturday: 9:15am-5:45pm
Primary Responsibilities are to ensure the efficient and accurate preparation of all linen carts shipped.
- Fold and count linen and place on conveyor belt
- Check linen for quality (stains, mending, rewash), and move stain and mending bags to proper areas
- Feed linen into the small piece folder accurately to ensure quality finished product
Apply by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fill linen carts based on orders received from the customer
- Ensure accuracy of orders
- Quality control
- Work in a fast-paced environment
Application Contact Information
||London Hospital Linen Service Inc.