At Trojan Technologies (www.trojantechnologies.com), our mission is to enable customers to meet their water quality objectives by providing eco-efficient solutions that reduce and recover costs, energy, resources and space. We ensure greater water confidence and environmental stewardship for people, industries and municipalities, improving the lives of over one billion people globally. Trojan Technologies encompasses five brands: Aquafine, Trojan Marinex, TrojanUV, Salsnes Filter and VIQUA. The products and services provided by these businesses play vital roles in making various stages of the water treatment process more effective, efficient and sustainable.
We are currently seeking a strategic thinker to fill a Buyer role. This position is responsible for Strategic Supply Sources will obtain materials, products and services from suppliers at the lowest cost consistent with considerations of quality, conformity to specifications, reliability of source and urgency of need. You will have full focus over the electronics commodity and custom panels so a strategic and tactical role, from negotiating to issuing purchase orders. If you are a successful negotiator and are have knowledge of electronics and/or custom panels, this could be the job for you!
We take safety seriously and have protective measures in place. As part of our essential procurement team, this role will work onsite in our London, ON office and not remotely.
•.Support cross functional sourcing projects
•.Ensures alignment of corporate policies and objectives with Purchasing Team
• Analyzes requisition requirements, evaluated bids and awards contracts to the best qualified suppliers
• Conformance to contract terms
• Participate in and support negotiation of purchases and supplier agreements
• Identify and implement cost savings and process improvement opportunities through ongoing review of spend categories with consideration of opportunities for contract consolidation
• Analyze MRP outputs, respond to MRP actions, plans strategies and coordinates all procurement activities relative to fulfilling site requirements
• Interact with other internal customers (engineering, quality, etc…) to solve and negotiate difficult problems or opportunities
• Measure and ensure supplier performance against key performance indicators such as cost, on time delivery and quality performance targets
• Foster strong supplier relationships
• Respond to quality management issues
• Develop new ways to optimize improve and solve problems in the supply chain as they arise
- Minimum of 3 years purchasing experience
- Post-secondary education in related field preferred
- Background in electronics an asset
- SCMP or CPP certification an asset
- Knowledge of Lean tools related to Procurement
- Familiarity with e-procurement / e-sourcing applications
- Experience working with product lifecycle mgmt., document control and enterprise quality management systems
- Ability to multi-task within tight deadlines
- Effective organization and planning skills
- Proven background in negotiation
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The “EEO is the Law” poster is available here.