309A/422A Certified Electrician - Industrial Automation
Prepare and organize machine wiring and panels from electrical schematics to supply all necessary power for machine builds. Identify placement of components and work with engineering to develop a layout for the system that is functional, enables an efficient build cycle and is esthetically pleasing.
- Review layouts and schematics provided by engineering and discuss changes where improvements can be made.
- Develop a plan for cable management including power source, physical wire location through the cell and cable trays required.
- Mount electrical panels for the system and build the layout of the cell.
- Identify and decide the number and types of electrical components required to power the system.
- Assist during electrical inspections of machines by explaining core machine functions, voltage and certifications of equipment.
- Carry out diagnosis and correct or replace malfunctioning components.
- Inspect electrical systems to identify hazards, defects and the need for adjustment or repair.
- Maintain compliance with safety procedure and codes; inform management of unsafe practices or hazards identified; maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Mentor new and apprentice electricians.
- Recognize priority tasks and delegate accordingly.
- Organize and develop a plan for offsite installations.
- Provide technical assistance to the systems engineer responsible for machines regarding, but not limited to; machine safety, machine function, machine fit and finish, ergonomics, material handling, runoffs and machine verifications.
- Attend and participate in design reviews for assigned projects to analyze designs and identify areas of improvement to increase accuracy and efficiency.
- Continually communicate with project management team to discuss outstanding deliveries, status of project and areas of project risk and need.
- Direct contractors while onsite and ensure safety standards are adhered to.
- Ensure Stage Plan responsibilities are understood and met as well as signed off.
This description reflects managements assignment of essential functions, it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. BOS welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
- 309A Construction and Maintenance Electrical License and 5 years’ experience or
- 442A Industrial Electrical License and 5 years' experience.
Knowledge of pneumatic systems and machine building processes, including familiarity with robotics, PLC, distributed I/O systems, sensors etc.
Good working knowledge of Ontario Electrical Code.
Thorough understanding of various styles of electrical schematics.
Ability to safely operate various hand and power tools.
Ability to lift heavy objects and maneuver in restricted areas.
Skills & Abilities
Check for detail/accuracy
Attention to detail
Critical thinking/problem solving
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work hours
- Profit sharing
- Multiple extended health care plans to choose from
- Training development program
- Monthly staff appreciation lunches & socials
- Bi-annual company events
- Career planning & goal setting
- Employee recognition program
- Performance appraisal program
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated. Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply for this job