|Reporting to the VP of Finance, the Senior Manager, Finance will be responsible for the financial and operational reporting, monitoring and evaluating the day-to-day accounting activities for three of our Canadian Operations facilities, and working closely with all stakeholders impacting the financial results and processes for these Canadian entities. The Senior Manager, Finance will also be responsible for the management and administration of the Finance Department including the preparation, administration and monitoring of staff and monthly accounting processes and financial reporting to Tilray’s Global Corporate Controller.
Tilray is a dynamic growing business and therefore requires its employees to remain flexible and adaptable to change. The Senior Manager, Finance is regarded as an agent of change in Canada to implement and or stabilize business and accounting processes.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure that all monthly, quarterly and annual financial accounting activities are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Monitor and analyze accounting data and assist in the production of accurate financial reports or statements.
- Record all business transactions, process accruals and adjustments, balance sheet reconciliations and assist in the preparation of monthly accounting statements.
- Review financial statements of each of the three subsidiaries collectively named Canada for accuracy, correctness and completeness.
- Work closely with the FP&A team to reconcile revenue, AR and AP.
- Manage all activities including general accounting, payroll, and special projects accounting. More specifically focus on areas of high risk such as contracts with suppliers and other external parties.
- Identifies and influences process changes needed cross-functionally to ensure financial close processes are completed timely.
- Oversees the accurate completion of the financial close of inventory and manufacturing processes by closely working with inventory accountants. Responsible for analyzing and reporting inventory and costing information to management.
- Responsible for preparing all routine and otherwise filings with Health Canada.
- Develops and maintains accounting files and records that support the financial close process for our subsidiaries as well as the global financial close process related to Tilray’s responsibility as a publicly traded company under the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Owner and executor of key controls under Tilray’s SOX program.
- Provides high level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts with attention to detail in all areas of work and coaches team members.
- Supervise assigned staff including staff in multiple locations and assist in the completion of their related activities.
- Provide support and financial expertise to all departments.
- Keep abreast of federal, provincial and municipal developments, laws and policies that may affect the financial operations of the organization.
- Assist in the development of standard accounting procedures to improve financial operation efficiency including but not limited to the implementation of inventory and manufacturing modules in the ERP.
- Assist with creating and updating internal controls, policies, and procedures.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- BA in Accounting or Finance. Professional designation (CPA, CGA, CMA or CA) preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in a similar role
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in supervision staff required.
- Strong knowledge of IFRS required. Experience with US GAAP is an asset.
- Flexibility and ability to manage several tasks simultaneously are required.
- Proven ability to work as a member of a multidisciplinary team with demonstrated interpersonal skills that promote mutually beneficial, respectful and professional relationships.
- Excellent communication skills with all levels of an organization and proven ability to write concise reports to various audiences.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple projects and deadlines.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities effectively.
- Solid organizational, time management and prioritizing skills.
- Ability to work within a dynamic fast paced, work environment, focusing on teamwork, motivation, and communication.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to represent information that is appropriately tailored to any level of the organization.
- Solid understanding of accounting software (ERP systems including sub-modules preferred).
- PC skills (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint preferred), along with the ability to adapt to and learn new software.
- Must have the ability to obtain A/RPIC status as per Health Canada Marihuana for Medical Purposes Regulations.
- High Park welcomes applications from all qualified individuals and is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace.
- Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please advise when submitting your application.
Tilray welcomes applications from all qualified individuals and is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please advise when submitting your application.
Please note that Tilray does not authorize, engage, or sponsor any consultants, agencies or organizations that seek certain personal or financial information from you (e.g. passwords, login ids, credit card information). Tilray does not charge any application, processing or onboarding fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process.
When replying to emails, please ensure the sender name and email address match exactly. Please also ensure the Reply-To address matches the sending address exactly. If you are concerned about the authenticity of an email, letter, or call purportedly from, for, or on behalf of High Park, please send an email inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org