Start date: ASAP
Salary: contingent on experience
3 weeks vacation each year
Group Benefits are available
About the Role:
Reporting to the President/CEO, the Production Manager is responsible for planning, scheduling, and
supervising operations of the production and packaging areas of our food production facility.
Expected salary range of $65,000-$70,000 annually, dependent on qualifications and experience.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Overall management of production, from ingredient and packaging material storage
through the production process, work in progress, and finished product storage and
• Managing the production team, the Warehouse Supervisor and Packaging Supervisor,
their operations, and their combined teams as a whole
• Using forecasted and actual sales and order volumes to plan production volumes of the
six varieties of cheese and two varieties of butter we produce, and reporting those
planned and scheduled volumes to the floor Supervisors
• Ensuring production and packaging are following all GMP, HACCP, health and safety,
and internal protocols and practices
• Troubleshooting equipment issues and in general keeping the operation running
• Working with the rest of the management team in designing and implementing new
systems and programs as they are developed and rolled out
• Maintaining and, whenever possible, improving the efficiency of the production process
and the team that works in that area
• Participating in future planning of the company and facility, primarily focused on
equipment needs, volume growth, and improving efficiency
Skills and Experience Requirements:
• GED or equivalent required. Post-secondary education in an associated field is an asset.
• 3-5 years experience in a food production management role required, and/or general
management within the food industry.
• Experience managing a team of 12+ across several working groups
• Knowledge of CFIA/FDA food safety is essential
• Previous experience working within HACCP programs is an asset.
• Experience with Six Sigma and/or ISO 9000 processes in an asset.
• Above average proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel
• Excellent organization and prioritization skills, and the ability to delegate and keep
operations flowing fluidly
• Excellent communication skills
• Candidates should be energetic and welcoming towards working with others, as this
role works closely with all internal departments.
Nuts For Cheese is a local, handcrafted vegan cheese company looking to hire an enthusiastic person
to join our team. Our line of artisan, handcrafted, and vegan cheeses and butters are made from
cultured, organic cashews. These healthy and delicious vegan cashew products are plant-based,
dairy-free, gluten-free, and ready to enjoy in your favourite recipes. Shredable, spreadable and
meltable, any way you slice it with our wide variety of flavours there is something for everyone. If you
are a self-motivated person who is looking to contribute to a positive working environment and be a
part of a growing business, please apply with a resume and a cover letter.
To learn more about us, feel free to visit our Instagram: @nutsforcheese, or our website:
Nuts For Cheese is an equal opportunity employer where discrimination and harassment are strictly
prohibited. All hiring, elevation, disciplinary, and professional decisions are based on company needs,
candidate qualifications, and the requirements of the given job, without regard for race, religion,
sexual orientation or preference, age, family status, belief, or any other status protected under
Canadian federal and Ontario provincial law. Nuts For Cheese will not tolerate discrimination or
harassment in any form, especially acts rejecting, minimizing, or disparaging any marginalized
people. We encourage applications from deaf and disabled applicants, and members of indigenous,
BIPOC, and LGBTQ2+ communities. Nuts For Cheese is also committed to adherence to the AODA in
all aspects, from hiring through employment.