Assist in Continuous Improvement by driving and sustaining Lean manufacturing methodologies, as well as facilitating an operational culture of Lean thinking. This role will implement, and sustain Continuous Improvement projects by supporting key Lean elements in all aspects of the plant.
- Assist in establishing a Continuous Improvement process, using Lean techniques, to support operational objectives through improved processes.
- Drive upkeep of Daily Management system.
- Supports operations through facilitation of Continual Improvement projects, sustaining, improving and streamlining overall processes within the organization.
- Oversee the upkeep of the lean system, standards and documents.
- Develops training material on relevant subject matter and trains key change agents on new methodologies.
- Acts as a subject matter expert for improvement methodologies.
- Utilizes root cause analysis system that focuses on team problem solving to resolve issues identified in design or manufacturing, and supports execution of corrective actions.
- Leads Kaizen events / workshops and process improvement teams with a hands-on approach.
- Support department management in identification of key success drivers and execution of improvement objectives.
- Assists in the training of SME’s in the facility.
- Coaches local teams in identification of opportunities and execution of projects according to a defined methodology.
- Support employee training in the proper application of Continuous Improvement concepts.
- Prepares and facilitates idea generation workshops with operators and management.
- Analysis and justification for process improvement projects (cost / performance improvement)
- Acquisition of continuous improvement supplies & materials used for Kaizen activities
Health & Safety:
- Maintain a safe workplace
- Wear Personal Protective equipment as required on the shop floor
- Comply with the company policies and OHSA (Occupational Health & Safety Act)
- Report unsafe conditions as soon as possible
- Ensure your work area is maintained at required daily 5S standards
- Follow daily 5S standards as posted in your dept
- Correct any deviations from 5S standards immediately
- Minimum 5 years' experience in lean manufacturing deployment
- Strong understanding of all Lean/continuous improvement principles and tools
- Proven ability to create and execute project plans that achieve identified targets
- Ability to produce succinct reports/presentations to communicate the status of assigned projects/tasks
- Strong leadership abilities, and decision making; able to lead effective meetings and cross functional teams
- Proven track record of plan execution
- Quality control background, including problem solving and root cause analysis
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated diplomacy and professionalism
- Exceptional planning and organizational abilities with task prioritization, multi-tasking, use of timelines and time management techniques
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to work with little supervision and be self-directed
- Must be committed to work hands-on during all kaizen events
- Intermediate Microsoft Office Skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Willingness to enroll in educational/training sessions as required
- College Degree or Bachelor's degree in a related field
Additional Skill and Knowledge Requirements:
- Appropriate PPE required in the facility
- Active hands-on participation expected during kaizen events
- 40 hour work week plus additional hours as required
- Weekend work may be required
Masco Canada (the “Company”) is an equal opportunity employer and we want to have the best available persons in every job. The Company makes employment decisions only based on merit. It is the Company’s policy to prohibit discrimination in any employment opportunity (including but not limited to recruitment, employment, promotion, salary increases, benefits, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment) based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, pregnancy, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, physical/mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military and veteran status, height, weight or any other such characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. The Company is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company regardless of where the employee is located and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company.