Assembly Welder | Woodstock | Weekend Days
As a Welder you will be welding/fitting with assistance of Jigs and Fixtures.
Weekend Day Shift - 3x12 hour shifts - Friday to Sunday; $3/hour shift premium applies!
Tigercat Industries is a proud, privately owned Canadian company since 1992. We specialize in the design and manufacture of premium quality forestry and off-road industrial equipment. Our valued employees are the roots of our success! We have multiple locations in Southwestern Ontario, and approximately 2000+ employees.
Having training and experience are key, but at Tigercat Industries, we believe that it’s what you DO with what you have that counts. Our people are empowered to put their training, experience, and expertise into action.
View our product line-up here and take a look at our videos on YouTube.
Skills & Experience:
- Assist in the set-up of materials as necessary to complete production requirements
- Gather required tools, equipment and materials in work area. Hand carts, forklift or crane may be required to maneuver tools, equipment and materials
- Use hand, air, and power tools, cutting torch, plasma cutters and welding machines
- Select and install torches, torch tips, filler rods, and flux, according to welding chart specifications or types and thicknesses of metals
- Read and interpret shop drawings and blueprints
- Connect and turn regulator valves to activate and adjust gas flow and pressure so that desired flames are obtained
- Weld materials to complete assembly, ensuring quality through specified dimensions
- Ensure that all welds are complete and of good quality
- Examine work pieces for defects and conformance with specifications
What We Can Offer You:
- Expertise experience in assembly, fabrication and welding
- Read and interpret welding blueprints, drawings specifications, manuals and processes, operating policies, procedures and instructions
- Effective problem solving skills with the ability to make sound decisions
- Good level of manual dexterity and hand / eye coordination
- Ability to bend, crouch, and kneel as well as the ability to reach below, at and above shoulder height to repair and fabricate
- Knowledge of LEAN Manufacturing practices
- Positive attitude through effective and friendly communication
- Progressive health and safety program
- Family oriented company
- Interesting and challenging work and projects
- Opportunity to see and be involved with our products from start to finish
- Competitive Wages and Profit Sharing
- RRSP Matching Program
- Skills development and training reimbursement
- Company paid healthcare benefits and Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP)
Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
We thank you for your application!
Tigercat Industries Inc. strives to create a respectful, accessible and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application, interview or selection processes, please contact Human Resources for assistance.