Accounts Payable Specialist
We have one Accounts Payable Specialist opportunity available. This position will report to the Controller and will be responsible for the timely processing of payables and administrative support. The successful applicant will be goal-driven, possess strong interpersonal skills, excellent decision-making skills and the ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines. Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, will be required in addition to excellent organizational, planning and time management abilities. Excellent attendance is also a critical factor in order to satisfy time sensitive responsibilities.
Job responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
· Matching, coding, and accurately processing vendor invoices.
· Reconciliation of corporate credit cards.
· Reconciliation of vendor statements with company payable records.
· Preparation of weekly cheque and wires (both in Canadian Currency and USD Currency).
· Responds to vendor accounting inquiries promptly and professionally.
· Serves as the point of contact for correspondence with vendors.
· Enforces accounting and office policies and procedures.
· Resolution of billing discrepancies.
· Files accounts payable documentation.
· Manages vendor contracts and new vendor setup.
· Completion of all month end journal entries.
· Other duties as assigned.
· A post-secondary diploma in Accounting or Business Administration and/or equivalent in relevant experience and education.
· 3+ years of experience processing a high volume of Accounts Payable transactions.
· 3+ years of experience working with JDE ERP or similar ERP software.
· Previous accounting experience in the Automotive Industry preferred.
· An effective communicator - a high level of professionalism in language, both written and verbal.
· Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
· Strong attention to detail.
· Ability to process large volumes of data with accuracy.
· Highly organized.
· Deadline driven.
· Ability to function effectively within a team and collaborate well with others.
· Ability to exercise good judgement and prioritize among a multitude of tasks.
· Positive attitude and a willingness to learn.
· Able to maintain confidentiality.
Successful candidates will have demonstrated, at a minimum, an excellent work history, a strong commitment to attendance, a desire to achieve results, and a team player approach. Only applicants meeting these basic requirements will be considered for an interview.
Job Type: Full-time
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- St. Marys, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: One location