Job Number: 56602
Group: Cosma International
Division: Formet Industries
Job Type: Permanent/Regular
Location: ST. THOMAS
Cosma provides a comprehensive range of body, chassis and engineering solutions to global customers. Through our robust product engineering, outstanding tooling capabilities and diverse process expertise, we continue to bring lightweight and innovative products to market.
Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.
The Systems Engineer’s role is to ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the in-house information systems that support Formet’s business functions. This is achieved by monitoring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all networked software and associated operating systems. The individual will apply proven communication, analytical and problem solving skills to help identify, communicate and resolve systems issues in order to maximize and continually improve Formet’s Information Systems.
• University Degree/College Diploma in a related computer science program and 4 years of recent experience in a similar position OR;
• Minimum of 6 years recent extensive hands-on experience in a similar position.
• Experience working in an automotive manufacturing environment is desired.
• Strong technical background, with an emphasis on the administration of servers and networks.
• Experience working with SAP R/3, including a solid understanding of hardware and software installation, configuring and tuning would be an asset.
• Weekly pay via direct deposit
• Overtime (1.5x) after 44 hours worked
• Vacation entitlement
2 weeks of paid vacation (3 weeks after 3 years) + 3 company paid holidays + 2x ½ days = 14 days annually
• Medical and Dental Benefits after 1 month of employment.
• Magna will contribute an amount equal to 3% of regular earnings every week to your retirement savings (MBC program)
• Profit sharing paid in the second quarter of every year (EEPPP Program)
• Matched GRRSP
• Company Paid Life Insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D)
• Safety Shoe annual allowance, prescription Safety Glasses annual allowance, Custom Molded Earplug allowance
• Company paid uniforms (if you choose to use).
• Company BBQ, Holiday Parties and Company Events
• Corporate Social Responsibility Initiatives
• Annual Employee Opinion Survey
• Magna Service Award Program
• Magna Scholarship Program
• Roger’s and Bell cellphone data plan available – as low as $40/month!
• Subsidized cafeteria
• Educational Assistance Program
• Jump Start Program for personal training - $300 benefit
• Employee Discounts: new vehicles, amusement parks, etc.
• Plant-Wide Continuous Improvement Program: 2021 bonus = $1860
• You get to work with a FANTASTIC Team!
Awareness. Unity. Empowerment.
At Magna, we believe that a diverse workforce is critical to our success. That’s why we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We hire on the basis of experience and qualifications, and in consideration of job requirements, regardless of, in particular, color, ancestry, religion, gender, origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity. Magna takes the privacy of your personal information seriously. We discourage you from sending applications via email to comply with GDPR requirements and your local Data Privacy Law.