Manager Research & Development
About this role:
Are you looking for a position where you can apply your leadership and R&D background? This position will give you the opportunity to provide leadership to the R&D team with Mechanical, Electrical, Process and Software Engineers to develop innovative, complex new products of Water Filtration and Water Treatment systems, components and technology.
You will be responsible for the engineering, design and delivery of multiple R&D projects, working closely with customers, and developing networks for Open Innovation!
- People Leadership, Organizational and Talent Development:
- Engage and retain a highly productive, efficient and effective Research and Development team while driving development, coaching and succession planning for direct reports.
- Develop and maintain collaborative and effective relationships with cross-functional peers/teams and suppliers addressing areas of concern and continuing performance requirements.
- Develop, train, sustain and adapt standard work practices for R&D that enables customer value focused development of most effective and competitive product solutions
- Communicate requirements using a team approach to goals and objectives of the organization
- R&D Excellence:
- Deliver P&L Accountability – Projects budget & timing, products cost improvement, revenue achievement, R&D KPIs
- Work closely with cross functional peers to drive down cost on existing and new products.
- Work actively with customers to understand their visible or un-visible needs for a more cost-effective production, easier use and maintenance of the production equipment considering environmental and regulatory upcoming challenges.
- Work closely in a network with external partners to share market insight, capabilities and knowledges to drive open innovation for more efficient and faster product development.
- Create and effectively implement sustainable business processes that result in improved product quality, cost and time to market, security of developed intellectual property and for implementation of the products to the organization for easy project execution.
- Manage development projects with the own team or external partners updating, monitoring, reporting progress to ensure targets/metrics and customer needs are met
- Product Development:
- Create and review technical product specifications for the development; ensure that product performance, cost, quality objectives, and safety and regulatory requirements of the targeted markets and regions are met.
- Execute product cost reduction programs, VAVE (Value Analysis / Value Engineering), in collaboration with a cross-functional team
- Create reports about inventions and work with Legal to ensure security of intellectual property
- Provide support to the Pall Water Field Service Engineers during start-up and commissioning of the new developed products and in case of emergency and escalation.
- Integrate activities and cross-functional resources, including third parties, as required to support project delivery, start-up, commissioning and acceptance as per the New Product Development processes
- Provide accurate and timely communication of issues, risks, and corrective actions related to the projects
- Work closely with Sales partners to develop related costing tools and winning proposal templates that meet customer requirements
- Work with subject matter experts to estimate project and product costs, track and manage changes impacting cost through product development to ensure final product cost meet profit margin targets
Why you want this job:
- You can help customers in ensuring water quality for people around the world!
- You get to be a part of Danaher Corporation, rated 162 on the Fortune 500 list
- Full benefits including medical, dental, vision
- As part of Danaher, you can grow your career across four high-impact industries, six continents and more than 20 global operating companies
Are you qualified?
- Master´s degree in Chemical, Environmental or Mechanical Engineering or Bachelor’s degree in equivalent Engineering Disciplines with demonstrated extended experience in innovation, and a minimum of 7 years’ experience in engineering and a minimum of 5 years’ experience in engineering leadership required.
- 5 Years of experience in the Water Treatment Industry
- Experience in American and European engineering standards and regulations (ASME, UL, CSA/CRN, CE, PED and ISO/EN/DIN) for fluid treatment systems
- SAP R3.
- An M.B.A. or other advanced degree is beneficial.
- Experience managing a remote workforce experiences a plus.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The “EEO is the Law” poster is available here.