Hours for this position are:
Permanent, Full Time positions available
Start times: Afternoon 2pm-11pm
Hourly Rate: $37.85 plus shift premium
Sofina Foods is one of Canada's leading manufacturers of primary and further processed protein products for retail and foodservice customers as well as international markets. We manufacture pork, beef, turkey, chicken and fish products. Our family of brands include: Cuddy, Lilydale, Janes, Mastro, San Daniele, Fletcher's, Vienna, Riserva and Zamzam. We are also the exclusive distributor of Italy’s finest Rio Mare, Lavazza and San Benedetto products in Canada.
This position is responsible for the performing electrical corrective and preventative maintenance of all facility, production machinery and refrigeration equipment. As well, this position will be working on projects to improve safety, production efficiency and environmental at the plant.
- Quickly troubleshoot and repair problems as they occur on production process equipment, utilities (power supply, refrigeration, steam, compressed air, hot water,hydraulic power pack), facility and grounds
- Systematically diagnoses faults in electrical and electronic systems and equipment and repairs or replaces electrical and electronic components as required
- Plans installations from blueprints, sketches and specifications and installs all electrical and electronic devices according to the electrical code
- Communicate and work in a team environment with other maintenance personnel
- Follow preventative maintenance processes and procedures
- Accurately report on all work performed, parts and tools used, as well as work required for all plant equipment
- Work in and promote a safe working environment and work in strict compliance with all Health & Safety, HACCP, Sofina policies, processes SOPs, wear required PPE, and follow all relevant GMP’s
- Work on other projects and duties as assigned by the Maintenance Manager/ Supervisor
- 3-5 years’ experience as a licensed Electrician
- Advanced electrical troubleshooting knowledge, including a working knowledge of PLC’s and equipment automation
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Aptitude for quick troubleshooting and diagnosis of problems with machinery, systems and facilities
- Industrial plant maintenance experience including, but not limited to, the installation, maintenance, repair and overhaul of conveyors, pumps, motors, gearboxes, rail assemblies, hydraulic assemblies, pneumatic assemblies and packaging machinery
- Highly organized with excellent multi-tasking skills
- Reliable and legally able to work in Canada
Sofina Foods Inc. is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). Applicants are asked to make their needs/requirements, for the purpose of accommodation under AODA, known to Human Resources when they are contacted for an interview.